Dr. Peter Breggin, Mental Health Reform and Covid |547|

Alex

Administrator
Dr. Peter Breggin, Mental Health Reform and Covid |547|
by Alex Tsakiris | Apr 5 | Skepticism
Tweet

Peter Breggin is a psychiatrist with a distinguished career in mental health reform and patient advocacy.
skeptiko-548-peter-breggin-2-300x300.jpg

Excellenté. Partway through. Love how y'all are focusing on the CORE issue. How people treat one another. Intentions and INTEGRITY.
I don't think I've ever had my head buried in the sand, but it has been in the clouds most of my life. I'm realizing lately that's a good thing.
Great interview. More along those lines regarding individuals' behavior, please! I'll check him out further.
Evil? No. That dualism is a psy-op to play people. Soulless? YES.
Another way of looking at the three types of people in the world was mentioned by Clif High in an interview with Al Borealis I listened to again recently.
Spirit, soul, body. In varying degrees.
Spirit are those focused the highest, and least caught up in worldly or materialistic affairs. Probably on their last incarnation.
Soul are those still within the doings of the world to learn and experience, and working towards higher expression.
Body are those who are just out for themselves. Consuming. Oblivious of others and effects. Without souls. NPCs, if you like.
Called in other disciplines husks, human larvae, hungry ghosts.
When the shit goes down, or just in normal death, they don't reincarnate. Just DEAD.
I've also heard it said you have to build your soul. Make your own wings to fly.
If you have the potential, that is.
GREAT one! Maybe my favorite.
His website is overwhelming with information.
Peter R. Breggin M.D. | Psychiatric Drug Facts
https://breggin.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Kim
I wish this guest all the best, but this was again a cringeworthy affair of American exceptionalism ideology.
I guess when you swim in it constantly, you just make the assumption that everyone "really" does think like this or they should.
When he said that he supported Trump, I kept thinking how could anyone support this charlaton. I mean, Trump is emblematic of everything wrong in American corporate and corrupt capitalism. Most recently his own "Truth" social media.
The idea that somehow he would stand up for anything, other than grift stuns most of us not in the US

How can you have an entire conversation about the elites and taking control and corruption, and everything, and not get to the centre of how those people gain power- and that is through a corrupt system of capitalism that has lost all checks and balances through the years is beyond me. It's actually, really impressive, when you think about it.
J

I wish this guest all the best, but this was again a cringeworthy affair of American exceptionalism ideology.
I guess when you swim in it constantly, you just make the assumption that everyone "really" does think like this or they should.
When he said that he supported Trump, I kept thinking how could anyone support this charlaton. I mean, Trump is emblematic of everything wrong in American corporate and corrupt capitalism. Most recently his own "Truth" social media.
The idea that somehow he would stand up for anything, other than grift stuns most of us not in the US

How can you have an entire conversation about the elites and taking control and corruption, and everything, and not get to the centre of how those people gain power- and that is through a corrupt system of capitalism that has lost all checks and balances through the years is beyond me. It's actually, really impressive, when you think about it.
J
Jack, I think your booster’s wearing off. According to Canadian law you better go Reboost at the nearest 99cent store, and maybe post online two or three “I support Ukraine”s just to be safe.

J
Yeah, he most certainly did NOT support trump. Get some ear swabs with your next jab, actual or hypothetical.
Amazing how listening and HEARING are not the same things.
Some are born to endless night...
Not me!

Good interview. Apart from being in complete agreement with the right to bodily autonomy and individual freedom within a moral framework, I'm not taking a side on the topic of Breggin, but I always like to be aware of both sides of an issue, and because none of the critical side has been covered here so far, here's a couple of critical reviews:
On the other side of the equation, here's a pretty good presentation he made during 2019

Jack, I think your booster’s wearing off. According to Canadian law you better go Reboost at the nearest 99cent store, and maybe post online two or three “I support Ukraine”s just to be safe.

Robbie, let's make a deal. You and I can post things and we can talk about the issues instead of trying to just be nasty to people personally.
How does that strike you? Because I'm really not interested in people's personal take on my:
intelligence, competence, vaccine status, or how stupid my family tree is.
I'm here to talk about the ideas involved. So, save your typing for the ad hominem stuff for folks who think it's valuable :)
Cheers,
J

Yeah, he most certainly did NOT support trump. Get some ear swabs with your next jab, actual or hypothetical.
Amazing how listening and HEARING are not the same things.
Some are born to endless night...
Not me!

Maybe instead of attacking me personally, you check the transcript.
From the transcript of the interview:
[00:57:37] Dr. Peter Breggin: "...I actually supported Trump and probably would still vote for him again, but something dreadful happened along the way. I mean, he got com it was either getting completely taken in and overwhelmed by the deep state and convinced that that actually this was wonderful stuff. "

So, I do actually listen. :)
J

Robbie, let's make a deal. You and I can post things and we can talk about the issues instead of trying to just be nasty to people personally.
How does that strike you? Because I'm really not interested in people's personal take on my:
intelligence, competence, vaccine status, or how stupid my family tree is.
I'm here to talk about the ideas involved. So, save your typing for the ad hominem stuff for folks who think it's valuable :)
Cheers,
J
You were trolling dude

You were trolling dude
Nope, with two masters classes, full course load of teaching report cards, 11 podcasts, and software I'm trying to build, I have not only no interest and never have in "trolling" people, but I have no time even if it were the case.
That people even CONSIDER that what I post is trolling is depressing, because it means that they are so far down the well, they can't see up it for other alternatives :(
J

Nope, with two masters classes, full course load of teaching report cards, 11 podcasts, and software I'm trying to build, I have not only no interest and never have in "trolling" people, but I have no time even if it were the case.
That people even CONSIDER that what I post is trolling is depressing, because it means that they are so far down the well, they can't see up it for other alternatives :(
J
Those qualifications don’t somehow add value to your trolling dude. You have no platform from which to talk down to anyone.

Great interview Alex. It's also great to somehow be able to post here again! So, Dr Breggin being Jewish has married a Christian Lady, I like that! There is no better path to unconditional universal Love than the Christian Path as laid out in the Gospels by Jesus himself. Surely her influence nudged the Doctor into reforming Psychiatry.
No doubt evil at the present time is unprecedently prevalent everywhere. I won't go into the many ways and means through which it is being carried out, not a lot of research needs be done to learn murder, deception and theft are not confined to merely the criminal element but extend right into government now more than ever.
In a prior interview you had with Matt Lambeau he mentioned how Spirituality is connected with intelligence, that they are inseparable. By the same token then, I dare to say that materialism is connected inseparably to ignorance. Unless through a Divine act such as what occurred to St. Paul on the road to Damascus the materialist will never be enlightened to anything more than the here and now and the flesh.
But some of us are blessed to be seekers. We would have exited from this hard, painful often unforgiving world long ago were it not for that inner voice. That little voice of our Guardian Angel, our Holy Spirit, something all who seek the way of Jesus are granted.
I'm deeply disturbed by the suicide rate among our young. Born and raised in atheistic often broken homes I believe it to be a dispair of their Spirits as they see and sense only hopelessness. Dr breggin's method of psychiatry for these people is surely uplifting. I'd like also, in spite of the failings of organized religion that our young seek Jesus as individuals. They, like me might be amazed!

Excellenté. Partway through. Love how y'all are focusing on the CORE issue. How people treat one another. Intentions and INTEGRITY.
I don't think I've ever had my head buried in the sand, but it has been in the clouds most of my life. I'm realizing lately that's a good thing.
Great interview. More along those lines regarding individuals' behavior, please! I'll check him out further.
Evil? No. That dualism is a psy-op to play people. Soulless? YES.
Another way of looking at the three types of people in the world was mentioned by Clif High in an interview with Al Borealis I listened to again recently.
Spirit, soul, body. In varying degrees.
Spirit are those focused the highest, and least caught up in worldly or materialistic affairs. Probably on their last incarnation.
Soul are those still within the doings of the world to learn and experience, and working towards higher expression.
Body are those who are just out for themselves. Consuming. Oblivious of others and effects. Without souls. NPCs, if you like.
Called in other disciplines husks, human larvae, hungry ghosts.
When the shit goes down, or just in normal death, they don't reincarnate. Just DEAD.
I've also heard it said you have to build your soul. Make your own wings to fly.
If you have the potential, that is.
GREAT one! Maybe my favorite.
His website is overwhelming with information.
Peter R. Breggin M.D. | Psychiatric Drug Facts
https://breggin.com/
Ah! Maybe that 20% that don't have an NDE ARE husks or animals. One-fifth of near-death experiencers, post coma, "dead" but came back, is a distressingly high number for me. An empty meat popsicle, the psychopathic/sociopathic element would fit well b/c as Breggin so chillingly described it, some ppl just don't fit that traumatized model, that some, like A. Lucas, resolve to not become abusers. The other explanation that I've run across is that they are 'drop-ins' from the multi-verse or the multidimensional cosmos, here b/c they violated/failed their world's virtuous rules & we're to train them w/ a little tough love. Wonderful! Glad you brought that up.

J
I have to admit I was shocked @ that point as well. The ppl I ran across who told me to LISTEN to tRump were of the lowest order in my mind. So I resolved to not listen to him, but learn about him. In every way that I could fathom he's a ghoul, a husk, a fitting definition of a narcissist.

It's embarrassing, I know, to be suckered by tRump. Like I'm still trying to not gag when I think that that asshole was right, that the Deep State was screwing everyone three ways to Tuesday w/ their jabby stuff & face bras. Yet he remains in my mind as the most excruciating example of the crust that forms around a toilet's water level that never scrubbed.

Good interview. Apart from being in complete agreement with the right to bodily autonomy and individual freedom within a moral framework, I'm not taking a side on the topic of Breggin, but I always like to be aware of both sides of an issue, and because none of the critical side has been covered here so far, here's a couple of critical reviews:
On the other side of the equation, here's a pretty good presentation he made during 2019

Like Dean Radin, I don't know how anyone these days can be free from the ghastly influence of Big Pharma, the military/industrial/science/banking complex, or jewish/christian influence. For instance, as soon as Breggin started in on that love & christ shit, the alarms went off in my head. I'd be standing right by the nearest exit for a long time when dealing w/ him & his wife before I'd relax very much.

Maybe instead of attacking me personally, you check the transcript.
From the transcript of the interview:
[00:57:37] Dr. Peter Breggin: "...I actually supported Trump and probably would still vote for him again, but something dreadful happened along the way. I mean, he got com it was either getting completely taken in and overwhelmed by the deep state and convinced that that actually this was wonderful stuff. "

So, I do actually listen. :)
J
Oh, did I attack you PERSONALLY? Hmmm...
I find it hard to engage with entrenchment.
I just tune out whenever people talk about celebrities or politicians. I'm not a follower.
You listen, and you're fine keeping with your beliefs. Good for you.

Those qualifications don’t somehow add value to your trolling dude. You have no platform from which to talk down to anyone.

That's good because I'm not interested in talking to anyone but on the same level.
You seem to have a lot of preconceived notions about folk. I'm just here to have discussions about the issues.
Cheers,
J

You sound very angry. I wish you peace man.
J
You too, little snowflake.
For being SO BUSY, you sure spend a lot of time posting filthy attacks on the US and trying to discredit information you disagree with. Good luck maintaining those lines in the sand. Until a strong wind comes up and BLOWS THEM AWAY.

Back