Forum Rules: Please Read Before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Administrator
Welcome to the Skeptiko forum... we're glad you're here. Many of the topics we discuss in the Skeptiko forum are controversial. Discussions on science and spirituality often wind up ruffling feathers. In order to foster these hard-to-have conversations and not devolve into a free-for-all this forum is moderated.

Here are some general guidelines to give you an idea of where we're coming from:

1) Respect each other... remember there's a real person on the other end of that post.

2) Be transparent... from your username to the content of your posts.

3) Contribute... make your contributions meaningful. Do your research. Link to additional resources. Ask intelligent questions.

4) Be community oriented. It takes a village :) Make things better.

5) Try to bear in mind the topic of a thread, and stick to it.

6) Remember that some people share extremely private information here - such as the contents of their NDE. Please treat such reports with respect. If you want to describe your own personal experiences, it is probably best to start a new thread.

7) If you feel that someone has contravened these rules, don't reply in kind, press the 'report' button and explain what is wrong. All reports are looked at, and action taken as necessary.

Alex, Andy, and David

Last edited by a moderator:
one quick additional thought -- it's more fun when it's relevant. there are a million places to go to talk about a million different things. It good/nice/fun to have a place to go to to talk about the show you just heard. I so wish I had this for all the podcasts I listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back