Gnosticism - The world is a vampire, sent to drain? Secret destroyers hold you up to the flames?

TALKING HERESY WITH MIGUEL CONNER

This week we speak to podcaster and gnosis nerd, Miguel Conner, of Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio.

Topics covered include Simon Magus, heresy, developments in Gnostic research, competing Christianities and sacred window areas.

An absolute pleasure as always. Not that I need an excuse to chat to Miguel, but our discussion happened because he has released a second volume of his Voices of Gnosticism series. You'll find a link in the show notes. These books are the very best introduction along a journey of discovering where Gnostic research is at right now, what it covers and who the Gnostics really were.

Great books. Great chat. Download the episode directly here or listen along on YouTube below.

SHOW NOTES

Post by Gordon White on Gnosticism, basically a small intro followed by passages of a text called Three Forms of Thought dealing with the goddess Sophia in her manifestation Barbelo:

"...I am the first thought, the thought that is in the light. I am movement that is in all, she in whom the realm of all takes its stand, the firstborn among those who came into being, she who exists before all. She is called by three names, although she exists alone, since she is perfect. I am invisible within the thought of the invisible one. I am revealed in the immeasurable, ineffable things. I am intangible, dwelling in the intangible. I move in every creature.

I am the life of my afterthought that is within every power and every eternal movement, and in invisible lights, and within the powers and Angels and Demons and every soul in Tartaros, and in every material soul. I live in those who came into being. I move in everyone and I enter them. I walk upright, and those who sleep I awaken. And I am the sight of those who dwell in sleep.

I am the invisible one in all. I counsel those who are hidden, since I know the whole realm of all that exists in it. I am numberless beyond everyone. I am immeasurable, ineffable, yet whenever I wish, I shall reveal myself. I am the head of all. I am before all, and I am all, since I am in everyone.

I am a voice speaking softly. I am from the beginning. I am in the silence that surrounds every one of them. And the hidden voices is in me, in intangible, immeasurable thought, in the immeasurable silence.

I descended into the underworld and shone down on the darkness. I poured water. I am hidden in radiant waters. I gradually dawn on all by my thought. I am weighed down with the voice. Through me knowledge comes. I am in the ineffable and unknowable. I am perception and knowledge, uttering a voice by means of thought. I am the real voice. I cry out in everyone, and they recognise it, since the seed lives in them. I am the father's thought, and through me came the voice: the knowledge of everlasting things. I am as thought for all. I am joined to unknowable and intangible thought. I revealed myself in all who know me, for a joint everyone in hidden thought and exalted voice, and in a voice from the invisible thought..."

Gordon White on Gnostic Warrior:

http://gnosticwarrior.com/gordon-white.html

"If you look at the historical conditions that gave rise to the various gnosticisms we know today, in most cases it is self-evident that the early gnostics never set out to describe reality. (Creation, sure... but not Reality.) You don't really find the family trees and cultural/historical events you find in the Old Testament, for instance. What presides over the physical takes prominence over the physical. And it certainly nails the 'mouth feel' of some of these entities and their impact on the physical, but the story of our world is more than that.

Thus, gnosticism is not so much a map of London, but a set of precise instructions for getting out of it as expediently as possible."

Those Great words were by the magician, fellow author, podcaster and Gnostic, Gordon White who I have the pleasure of interviewing in this episode of the Gnostic Warrior Radio Show and Podcast. Gordon is the author of 3 books, The Chaos Protocols" Magical Techniques to Navigating the New Economic Reality, Star.Ships: A Prehistory of Spirits and his latest book, Pieces of Eight: Chaos Magic Essays and Enchantments.

In this podcast, Gordon talks about his Great Work with his podcast and website called Rune Soup and what inspired him to create it. Gordon and I discuss his journey into western occultism and path into the world of chaos magic. He explains chaos magic in a simple way and how it can be used by anyone in daily life.

Gordon also shares his ideas on Gnosis. In explaining what it means to be a Gnostic, he says that it can be compared to the cult classic movie hit, "Dude, Where's My Car?" - A comical take on the grand awakening that is found when one reaches true Gnosis.

Back