Grant Cameron, No Such Thing As Evil ET? |449|

I'm walking away from this episode not really knowing what Alex's objection ultimately is with Grant's message of the unity of all things, or even where he sees Grant's ideas not lining up with his own. I did thoroughly enjoy this talk though, mainly because it evoked a response from me, and brought up a lot of other ideas for me that weren't being talked about in the episode. I may be in the minority, but from my view, Grant's ideas check out, but also aren't as off base from Alex's as I feel like he may think.

I think the objections are:
1) "Oneness" obliterates logic, language, and the ability to do anything useful in the present reality.
2) Grant's response to the notion of "evil aliens" or even evil people is to say that evil doesn't really exist because the only thing that exists is the Oneness of consciousness so we don't really need to worry about it because it is all a "screen image". Regardless of whether that is the ontological nature of things, you still have to operate in this reality. It would be like saying, "I don't have to be afraid to jump off this building because I am One with the concrete below." If you're lucky you will die and find that, yes, you are in fact One with the concrete below. If you are unlucky you'll live on to experience a horribly painful and mangled life.
3) Belief in Oneness and ultimately returning to it does not equal a moral imperative to do good or be empathetic. Oneness is a blank white nothingness - no distinctions. Grant is coloring into this blank white emptiness his natural predilection towards empathy and goodness.

I feel like a way to think about what Grant is saying that doesn't fall into dualism so easily is an idea of good and evil being like positive and negative polarities, or currents within this "One Thing", much like Bernardo Kastrup's ideas of individuated consciousness being like whirlpools in the greater stream of consciousness at large. I don't know why Alex doesn't see the similarity, or why he had to lock horns with Grant on this the way he did when there is so much overlap in their thinking, and even congruency.

I feel like Grant's points make sense in both a literal and philosophical sense, and lines up with what I know of many ancient religious and occult ideas of everything being consciousness, and emanating from the "One Thing". I feel like Alex argues the idea of good and evil being proof of separateness, but I feel like the existence of good and evil are the result of denying unity, and believing in our separation. Nondual thinking has an essential role with our experience of empathy, and is the core message of most spiritual practices, and is often the message brought back from extended consciousness realms. I feel like Grant's message of the Oneness is the message at the core of the Golden Rule. The idea of treating every face you see as a mirror reflection of your own is a sound spiritual philosophy, and seems to reflect reality if we accept the evidence. For me this is more proof that Grant is onto something. The idea of division and separation lead to the evil that is the primamateria for dual thinking of "us versus them", war, greed, all forms of abuse, jealously, and so many other ills of humanity that would not exist if we saw ourselves as ONE thing, and not many. It is the denial of our unity that creates evil, not the existence of evil being proof of our seperation.

I'm walking away from this episode not really knowing what Alex's objection ultimately is with Grant's message of the unity of all things, or even where he sees Grant's ideas not lining up with his own. I did thoroughly enjoy this talk though, mainly because it evoked a response from me, and brought up a lot of other ideas for me that weren't being talked about in the episode. I may be in the minority, but from my view, Grant's ideas check out, but also aren't as off base from Alex's as I feel like he may think.
I guess I'm pretty stuck on this idea that evil matters because it's a lens to a deeper understanding of the extended consciousness realms. I just finished an interview with a terrific psychologist / clinician named Tom Zinser who summed it up like this -- ( paraphrasing wildly :)) there's darkness, which is a force of nature... like gravity... not good or bad. and there is our attraction to the darkness, and that can lead to evil. of course the bigger picture is that there's really only light, but darkness just kind of comes along for the ride.

but I can't grasp denial of evil. don't we all get our attraction to the darkness? can't we all relate to our ability to do / think evil?

so no, I really don't understand Grant's insistence that there are no evil aliens.

I feel like a way to think about what Grant is saying that doesn't fall into dualism so easily is an idea of good and evil being like positive and negative polarities, or currents within this "One Thing", much like Bernardo Kastrup's ideas of individuated consciousness being like whirlpools in the greater stream of consciousness at large. I don't know why Alex doesn't see the similarity, or why he had to lock horns with Grant on this the way he did when there is so much overlap in their thinking, and even congruency.

I feel like Grant's points make sense in both a literal and philosophical sense, and lines up with what I know of many ancient religious and occult ideas of everything being consciousness, and emanating from the "One Thing". I feel like Alex argues the idea of good and evil being proof of separateness, but I feel like the existence of good and evil are the result of denying unity, and believing in our separation. Nondual thinking has an essential role with our experience of empathy, and is the core message of most spiritual practices, and is often the message brought back from extended consciousness realms. I feel like Grant's message of the Oneness is the message at the core of the Golden Rule. The idea of treating every face you see as a mirror reflection of your own is a sound spiritual philosophy, and seems to reflect reality if we accept the evidence. For me this is more proof that Grant is onto something. The idea of division and separation lead to the evil that is the primamateria for dual thinking of "us versus them", war, greed, all forms of abuse, jealously, and so many other ills of humanity that would not exist if we saw ourselves as ONE thing, and not many. It is the denial of our unity that creates evil, not the existence of evil being proof of our seperation.

I think they actually agree but they were talking about different things at the same time.

I guess I'm pretty lucky to this idea that evil matters because it's a lens to a deeper understanding of the extended consciousness realms. I just finished an interview with the terrific psychologist / clinician who summed it up the way I liked -- ( paraphrasing) there's darkness, which is a force of nature... like gravity... not good or bad. and there is our attraction to the darkness, and that can lead to evil. of course the bigger picture is that there's really only light, but darkness just kind of comes along for the ride.

but I can't grasp his those who deny evil. don't we all get our attraction to the darkness? can't we all relate to our ability to do / think evil?

so no, I really don't understand insistence that there are no evil aliens.
But what is evil? I think Grant was just saying that it's when we feel separate, that we do evil things. That's just to say that evil is when we act against our nature...of Oneness.

I think the objections are:
1) "Oneness" obliterates logic, language, and the ability to do anything useful in the present reality.
2) Grant's response to the notion of "evil aliens" or even evil people is to say that evil doesn't really exist because the only thing that exists is the Oneness of consciousness so we don't really need to worry about it because it is all a "screen image". Regardless of whether that is the ontological nature of things, you still have to operate in this reality. It would be like saying, "I don't have to be afraid to jump off this building because I am One with the concrete below." If you're lucky you will die and find that, yes, you are in fact One with the concrete below. If you are unlucky you'll live on to experience a horribly painful and mangled life.
3) Belief in Oneness and ultimately returning to it does not equal a moral imperative to do good or be empathetic. Oneness is a blank white nothingness - no distinctions. Grant is coloring into this blank white emptiness his natural predilection towards empathy and goodness.

I guess I'm pretty stuck on this idea that evil matters because it's a lens to a deeper understanding of the extended consciousness realms. I just finished an interview with a terrific psychologist / clinician named Tom Zinser who summed it up like this -- ( paraphrasing wildly :)) there's darkness, which is a force of nature... like gravity... not good or bad. and there is our attraction to the darkness, and that can lead to evil. of course the bigger picture is that there's really only light, but darkness just kind of comes along for the ride.

but I can't grasp denial of evil. don't we all get our attraction to the darkness? can't we all relate to our ability to do / think evil?

so no, I really don't understand Grant's insistence that there are no evil aliens.
I looked him up, and I think Tom Zinser's podcast will be very interesting.

David

I'd have to disagree with 1. Oneness absolutely allows you to make decisions. In my life I've tried to live in Oneness with all things. If I'm upset with someone, I try to recognize them as my brother or sister and go from there. If I look at them as someone who has wronged me, then I'm separate from them, which leads to negative emotions.

I looked him up, and I think Tom Zinser's podcast will be very interesting.

David

All Cameron is saying is that ultimately it all resolves itself. And because he see that ultimate reality, he has chosen to embrace it as ALL Reality and view all other aspects of reality as "illusion."

And I can agree with him on the first part, but I like to honor all aspects of reality. I say it like this when people try and tell me "this" (this realm we experience, what you call ordinary consciousness and the physicality our perception of the individuated self is in relationship with) is just an illusion, I ask them if they've ever suffered a severe physical trauma such as dropping a block of cement on their toe while wearing flip flops. And when they say, Yes to at least something similar, I ask them to be honest... how convinced were they in the thralls of that trauma experience that "this" is all illusion?

So for me, its simple, its both (illusion and not) and everything between.

Last edited:
All Cameron is saying is that ultimately it all resolves itself. And because he see that ultimate reality, he has chosen to embrace it as ALL Reality and view all other aspects of reality as "illusion."

And I can agree with him on the first part, but I like to honor all aspects of reality. I say it like this when people try and tell me "this" (this realm we experience what you call ordinary consciousness and the physicality our perception of the individuated self is in relationship with) is just an illusion, I ask them if they've ever suffered a severe physical trauma such as dropping a block of cement on their toe while wearing flip flops. And when they say, Yes to at least something similar, I ask them to be honest... how convinced were they in the thralls of that trauma experience that "this" is all illusion?

So for me, its simple, its both (illusion and not) and everything between.
I would say that the perception of whatever we experience is ultimately an illusion. Of course, if something is dropped on our toes, it hurts but that's because we're locked in this physical reality.

I'd have to disagree with 1. Oneness absolutely allows you to make decisions. In my life I've tried to live in Oneness with all things. If I'm upset with someone, I try to recognize them as my brother or sister and go from there. If I look at them as someone who has wronged me, then I'm separate from them, which leads to negative emotions.

And that's exactly what I got as Grant's message... but he isn't good at articulating it. He makes the case from the All Oneness POV as if that's it... and everything is clear and that the issue is the "illusion of separation."

If I had that thought as all-permeating from the core of my being to the end edge of every experience, I would be so freaking bored, and worse, I wouldn't know it.

I would say that the perception of whatever we experience is ultimately an illusion. Of course, if something is dropped on our toes, it hurts but that's because we're locked in this physical reality.

I get this too... I call it "my primary operational point of view" though now that I have discovered a greater reality, I no longer see myself as "locked" here. Having had 5 OBEs and one self induced NDE, plus an instance of bi-location where I met a soul that was in a self induced NDE (an attempted suicide) and they chose to return to their body. These types of experiences seem to help some of us get "unlocked."

And that's exactly what I got as Grant's message... but he isn't good at articulating it. He makes the case from the All Oneness POV as if that's it... and everything is clear and that the issue is the "illusion of separation."

If I had that thought as all-permeating from the core of my being to the end edge of every experience, I would be so freaking bored, and worse, I wouldn't know it.
I fully agree with you. The message he was trying to get across was muddled even though I probably mostly agree with him.

I get this too... I call it "my primary operational point of view" though now that I have discovered a greater reality, I no longer see myself as "locked" here. Having had 5 OBEs and one self induced NDE, plus an instance of bi-location where I met a soul that was in a self induced NDE (an attempted suicide) and they chose to return to their body. These types of experiences seem to help some of us get "unlocked."
I'm fascinated by these kind of experiences...I hope I have one someday.

Grant has concluded that if someone realizes Oneness, they no longer act against "another" because they know they are actually acting against themselves. And I also conclude this is a reflection of Grant's good nature and his assumption the logic would hold for everyone.

Yet some appear to be dominated by self-hatred (though most don't even know it) and they act out against "themselves" by doing evil to "another." Grant concludes they do this because they see themselves as separate from the other whereas, it is my opinion that in the heart of the evil doer's soul is the knowledge they are doing evil to themselves and are doing so because of self-hatred (being anchored as a conscious agent instead of being consciousness experiencing itself as a conscious agent) - that's how they see "the other" as "not them" and they have blocked the ground of being... and by so doing, they hate themselves for their condition - albeit self imposed!

My greatest wish for everyone is that they have some of these types of experiences and I say this because I am projecting the difference they made on me on others (which may be wrong in some cases) - but in my case, I was a strict materialist, physicalist, 5 sense reality embedded, non-believer BUT, I wanted there to be something to ESP and ghosts and, and, and... and my opinion is that that very thing is the key... the desire there be more.

I am lucky to have survived my exploration because for 30 years from the first "other worldly experience" I made every kind of mistake one can make (believing in this religion or that paradigm, etc. etc.) and it almost killed me. Only 3 years ago (I am 62) did I get out of that trap.

FACT - Alex's Skeptiko dives into consciousness (especially his Skeptiko's with Bernardo Kastrup and Don Hoffman... but indeed several dozen others) were critical to my escape from the false paradigms and psychoreligio traps.

My greatest wish for everyone is that they have some of these types of experiences and I say this because I am projecting the difference they made on me on others (which may be wrong in some cases) - but in my case, I was a strict materialist, physicalist, 5 sense reality embedded, non-believer BUT, I wanted there to be something to ESP and ghosts and, and, and... and my opinion is that that very thing is the key... the desire there be more.

I am lucky to have survived my exploration because for 30 years from the first "other worldly experience" I made every kind of mistake one can make (believing in this religion or that paradigm, etc. etc.) and it almost killed me. Only 3 years ago (I am 62) did I get out of that trap.

FACT - Alex's Skeptiko dives into consciousness (especially his Skeptiko's with Bernardo Kastrup and Don Hoffman... but indeed several dozen others) were critical to my escape from the false paradigms and psychoreligio traps.
I think it's strange that these experiences only happen to some people. I must admit, it's hard to understand reality with such a limited viewpoint.

My first OBE was this. I was in that in between state between sleep and wakefulness. I was fully lucid and aware of myself and then suddenly, I felt myself exiting my physical body and moving to the left. I got about three feet away and I recall thinking "wow! this might be that thing they call OBE!" and then I came close to a wall on my left and started to go through it. And I recall a panic staring to rise based on this thought - "What if I can't find my way back to my body? Might I die?" At that instant I slammed back into my body.

That was it. But that one started a series that became 3 more OBEs within three months (each where I went further away each time, lasted longer, were more complex) and then nothing for a year. Then I had the fifth which was remarkable in that i experienced what I had studied about and learned to be a "vibration" that often accompanies the event. I have never forgotten that feeling, that vibration. Interestingly the first 4 all happened in the spring and summer of 2012 and that fifth one was in the fall of 2013. And not one since although all sorts of other "other worldly experiences" have happened. Another important detail. It was in January of 2012 I stopped with addictions I had struggled with since I was a teenager - alcohol, cocaine and my favorite, marijuana. My point is that though I had had "other worldly experiences" earlier in my life, I never considered them legit as those substances may have played a role. I discounted that. Yet not the stuff since - and in fact, I had my first bona fide procognition experience in February of this year. I will post it in another post.

I think it's strange that these experiences only happen to some people. I must admit, it's hard to understand reality with such a limited viewpoint.

Remember Grant's comment about "a tiny place in the left brain" as a major factor in that sense of separation? I had two severe head traumas - one when I was 8 years old and one when I was 10 years old. Who knows... just pure speculation. I never stop trying to figure out "why me and some others" and not "everyone." And understand, in my case, this had nothing to do with me being some sort of "good" being. I was a very psychologically messed up, angry, etc. person. And I had this other "pole" that believed deep inside I was a really good soul and an agent of good (and God). And those two lunacies did war against each other... I barely survived. Bottom line, I was and am no saint by any stretch of the label. In fact, Alex would have called me evil if he knew me when I was very young and if he had seen some of the things I did.

Here's the pre-cog dream and event details - (copied and pasted from my journal)

Each time I have a psi experience of any type, I step back and consider "am I crazy?" or could this be "real?"

In considering if it was real, I always consider how could it be real? In other words, what would have to be in place for the experience to be real and not delusion. My answer (though I don't claim this to be true for another... I strive to avoid expressing myself in ways that a reader might feel I am imposing my view, my opinion), is that consciousness is fundamental because it seems the only framework within which these types of psi experiences can arise.

So here's the story. And because, for the reader to understand the significance of the object at the center of the story, I would need to write several pages and would surely lose most if, not all readers, I ask the reader to take my word for it that the object is extremely important to me and the story... and at a much more magnified level than anyone could imagine.

The object is an automobile title where I am co-owner (because I co-signed for the loan) along with my son, Anthony.

What I can say is that a mind boggling set of circumstances arose last summer (2019) whereby the result, from my perspective, was as if my son had died (though he did not physically die). His thinking and actions resulted in a likely permanent ending to our relationship.

And yet I am stuck as co-signer and... because I had originally (summer of 2018) pushed him to get the automobile and had promised him that I would always make the payments as long as I could, his thinking and actions were so horrendous, I experienced such a mix of emotions that it was torturous each month to keep making those payments. In addition, I was faced with the dilemma where I felt that it was a matter of my own integrity (what little I might have) to honor my promise regardless.

But the reality of the situation also exposed me to potential liability if he failed to maintain insurance. I tried to verify he was maintaining the insurance but was rebuffed because of "privacy laws" despite my name on the title.

Considering all the above, what stood out more than anything was an inevitability. At some point, the automobile would be paid off and the title would be in both our names. This provided me the opportunity to make him face me, in the flesh, if he wanted the car in his name because I was the primary lien holder and the title would be mailed to me and thus end up in my possession.

And then, as seems to happen all too often in my life when I think I got things exactly where I want them... weirdness steps in. First, an angel came along (my sister) and saw the terrible situation and, for the both of us, paid off the car! This then afforded me great relief from the emotional darkness I experienced each month when I made the payment but also, put me in position to have possession of the title and thus, an aspect of control of the situation... where at some point he would need to face me if he wanted the car placed solely in his name.

I learned the title was released on January 24, 2020 and mailed to my home.

On January 31, 2020, when I checked the US postal services "Informed Delivery" website of which I am a member, it showed the title was set for delivery along with two other mail pieces set for that day. When the postman came and went, I went to the mailbox and though the other two pieces of mail were in my mailbox, there was no title. Stress began. And over the course of the next several days... still no title, just more and more stress. Then I checked with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles to try and get a new title (and make sure the missing title was cancelled), I was informed that both my son and I had to do this together. Jeeeez.

And so I waited and waited and started to face the fact that my plan to hold the title (almost as if I am holding him hostage) until he was willing to face me was falling apart. In part, because I was informed by the DMV that if the title fell into the wrong hands, it could (though highly unlikely), via fraudulent actions, be stolen "on paper."

So, considering all the above, though I had, for months, tried to avoid thinking about the terrible situation with my son... a situation far worse to live with emotionally than this silly car and title matter... I found myself doing a deep dive into my soul. Though, since the debacle arose last summer, after getting over my initial shock and anger, I had begun to send heartfelt prayers to my son and his family, I most recently began to feel a much greater sadness for all of us... and it has been the most challenging emotional dilemma of my life - equal only to my father's suicide (1979) and the divorce from my childrens' mother (2001).

So, on Thursday, February 13, 2020 I felt a shift inside and decided I would give up on my original plan... a plan that gave him the space and time to "come around" but also a plan where I always held the important cards (the title). Understand, there has been no communication between my son and myself since July 11, 2019. Still, I took the chance to write him an e-mail and explain the car had been paid off and that the title was missing and so we needed to get the title replaced asap and, because it was paid off, put it in his name.

I then felt compelled to text him to check his email, that the car had been paid off and we needed to get the title in his name. My son notoriously changes his number, so the odds were that his telephone number was no longer his. Additionally, it was fifty/fifty he had my number blocked if he had the same number. But at noon the next day, my message alert sounded and there was a message from him with this simple word... "Ok."

A wave of emotion consumed me. Tears came pouring out. It said everything to me... it said there was a glimmer of hope that he would one day face me, and we could somehow find a new way forward.

By Friday, the 15th of February, we had worked out an agreement to meet at the DMV to get the "lost title" application filed.

Then that night (well actually early the next morning), I had a dream... and the dream was incredibly vivid. And what I still remember in a frame by frame memory is that I was standing in front of the mailbox with an unusually large stack of mail in my hands. And I recall in the dream thinking that in this stack is the missing car title. And I recall reaching towards the back of the stack and pulling out... the car title.

So later that morning, I heard the alert for the RING Doorbell system we have. I soon checked the video replay and saw the postman standing in front of the mailbox thumbing through his huge stack of mail and extracting several pieces which he then placed into the mailbox. It was at that moment I recalled the vivid dream. I believe what triggered the recall was because he had indeed placed such an unusually large amount of mail in the mailbox, just like the dream.

I ran down from upstairs and passed my wife, Cristina, who was working on her art and told her about the vivid dream I had that morning... that the title appeared in the dream.

I know this story has been long but it is finally at the end...

I exited the front door and turned to my left to face the mailbox, reached in and pulled out the large stack of mail. It was at this moment that everything that happened in the next 3 or so seconds was exactly as it happened in the dream! And yes, exactly where I had reached when holding the stack of mail in the dream... there was the title. Of course, when it all dawned on me... the degree of my excitement wasn't because the title had arrived, it was because, I realized I had experienced my first true, precise, precognitive dream experience.

I can now add that to the list which is predominantly filled with synchronicities, but where I have had 5 OBEs (the last where I experienced the well known "vibration" feature), a likely "bi-location" event among many other types of psi related experiences.

All these experiences convince me more and more that consciousness is fundamental.

Back