James True, Revising History |536|

Alex

Administrator
James True, Revising History |536|
by Alex Tsakiris | Jan 18 | Skepticism
Tweet

James True is a fine author, but he seems a little sketchy on Civil War History.
skeptiko-536-james-true-300x300.jpg

Sounds like a Rock-em, Sock-em "good" time.
You both have points, but the reaction to blm and minimization is pointless. I agree, there were Irish and others that were shafted, but the bigger picture will have to be inclusive.
ALL life matters. Black, white, yellow, blue, dog, cat, horse, tree...
There aren't any sides to take. The old bullshit has to go. When everyone unanimously joins in that agreement, we can move forward with a better system. One that doesn't erase or try to forget. One that no longer attempts to cancel or revise or rewrite. There are plenty of blanks to be filled in, but we do still have lots of personal accounts and records.
It's coming out now that more are looking into things. Patience!

A “civil war” implies both sides fighting for the whole - at no time did the South want the whole - so how is the term “civil” war even appropriate?

Wanting to keep the Nation together was the North’s initial goal - ending slavery came later. This is not revisionist history. This is why the term “War of Northern Aggression” came about.

Slavery is bad. But then name all the countries in 1850 that didn’t practice some form of slavery.

Slavery, as practiced in the “commodity growing” Deep South, was absolutely horrific.

The book, The Half That’s Never Been Told, informs one of the evolution of slavery in this country, and it’s ugly.

https://www.amazon.com/Half-Has-Never-Been-Told/dp/0465049664

I think the discussion would have been better served had the delineation between slavery, pre and post Louisiana Purchase, been made clear.

Banking, Capitalism, commodity crop slavery versus serfdom, both black and white, these are all nuanced aspects of an institution as old as culture that manifested in different ways, by different people, on these shores by a power elite that would have us all in bondage today if they could.

Slavery is the most profitable form of business - and evil people know this. And now we have debt slavery, wage slavery, sex slavery etc.

Powerful evil people will do powerfully evil things.

Good Show — Historical revisionism has been around for ages. Today it's called "fake news" — and only those who know how to fact-check the fact checkers can tell what's real.

Last edited:
As much as I’d love to troll James True right now and it’s ripe for the pickin’, this was even worse than the ‘interview’ with Tom Cowan. Really, Alex, you can’t even carry the thread? Can’t even come up with a final question? I get that James has a knack for getting undies in a bunch, almost as if he were trained for such a thing, but, come on, a wee effort to contribute to a real dialogue?

So you emotionalize it by using dramatic Hollywood clips contributing to the pain of the black and brown man based on one famous man’s story, but what about what it feels like for the white man who was an indentured servant and had no ties whatsoever to any other story but his own, does his pain make for less drama just because Hollywood hasn’t deemed it worthy enough? Will it be a forever competition for who suffered more?

In the American south today there are not races, there are classes, just like in the islands where intermarriage has been common. This is how it remains in most regions and among most peoples. A long-haired hippy smelling of patchouli without ‘people’ is as mistrusted as a ball-capped, hoodie wearing night crawler in any small town in the south. Folks need to get their arse out of Hollywood, perhaps.

Whenever any particular narrative is co-opted to intentionally dominate a certain experience, it's done at an expense to others of comparative experience.

I think I can draw a parallel to the Standup Comedy industry. Joe Rogan, Sam Tripoli and many other modern comedians tell us about how competition within the industry has changed just in the last 20 years. The industry used to be cutthroat, cover your ass, get yours while you can. There was a sense of scarcity accompanied by a tension and a high awareness that you're colleges won't hesitate to steal a spot, a bit, or even a full routine from you. In contrast, these comedians tell us that today, there's no shortage of spots, venues, media, social media, and platforms.. Therefore we have no scarcity, and far less temptation for a lazy comedian to cheat or steal.
I believe this same effect applies with valor as it relates to oppression today. Our society operates a scarcity oppression market with a limited supply valor. And it seems to me that it's also been monopolized. And I'd even speculate the the limited supply is due to the monopolization.

In a sane society, we wouldn't need to assign immutable characteristics to a criminal accusation. Theft is theft, rape is rape, coercion is coercion, bodily harm is bodily harm. If we concede that Green-Victim's rape is more devastating than Blue-Victim's rape simply because Green people are experiencing an epidemic, then we must by definition rob Peter to pay Paul. This is because there exists a certain mindset of a type of people who are inclined toward monopolization of these systems, and who will do all of the robbing of Peter, systematically, therefore sidelining cases outside of their system.

While I don't think we should sideline revisionist appeals by saying "Hey man, the History is the History, deal with it.", I do think we should tread with absolute humility when attempting to address these imbalances in the application of valor to the oppressed. Otherwise we win nothing and get nowhere.

I think the solution to atrocity must always be treating the crime as general, and not per-particular-group.
In practice it must be that:
If you think your society has a green-theft problem, NO, it just has a theft problem.
If you think your society has a blue-rape problem, NO, it just has a rape problem.
If you think your society has a red-discrimination problem, NO, it just has a discrimination problem.
The color component absolutely does matter significantly and probably almost always critical to the magnitude, effect, and outcome!
But Nonetheless, if the crime is stopped, the color-crime is also stopped.

Lastly,
If the criminals who commit theft by predatory taxation were were policed at gunpoint the same way as are criminals who commit bike theft, what a beautiful world would we live in.

Down With The Oppression Olympics!!! Not because it's wrong, but because it defaults to exploitation.

Last edited:
Has anyone here read his book, Best Apocalypse Ever? Is it all about the Civil War? I read a couple of his other books, just wondering if this one is worth it.

Here’s a couple interesting related articles:
https://www.winterwatch.net/2022/01/in-memoriam-colin-flaherty-cheerful-chronicler-of-black-crime/

https://www.winterwatch.net/2021/12...nfederate-memorials-it-was-a-womans-movement/

I’d never heard of Colin Flaherty before this article, yet how often do I read about the same great black heroes over and over again.

Last edited:
Has anyone here read his book, Best Apocalypse Ever? Is it all about the Civil War? I read a couple of his other books, just wondering if this one is worth it.

Here’s a couple interesting related articles:
https://www.winterwatch.net/2022/01/in-memoriam-colin-flaherty-cheerful-chronicler-of-black-crime/

https://www.winterwatch.net/2021/12...nfederate-memorials-it-was-a-womans-movement/

I’d never heard of Colin Flaherty before this article, yet how often do I read about the same great black heroes over and over again.
Well, we could throw the entire narrative into further disarray by introducing the concept that "Moors", "Templars", and "Tatarians" were here before Colombo. Everybody been here before. It's a small, small world.

A “civil war” implies both sides fighting for the whole - at no time did the South want the whole - so how is the term “civil” war even appropriate?

Wanting to keep the Nation together was the North’s initial goal - ending slavery came later. This is not revisionist history. This is why the term “War of Northern Aggression” came about.

Slavery is bad. But then name all the countries in 1850 that didn’t practice some form of slavery.

Slavery, as practiced in the “commodity growing” Deep South, was absolutely horrific.

The book, The Half That’s Never Been Told, informs one of the evolution of slavery in this country, and it’s ugly.

https://www.amazon.com/Half-Has-Never-Been-Told/dp/0465049664

I think the discussion would have been better served had the delineation between slavery, pre and post Louisiana Purchase, been made clear.

Banking, Capitalism, commodity crop slavery versus serfdom, both black and white, these are all nuanced aspects of an institution as old as culture that manifested in different ways, by different people, on these shores by a power elite that would have us all in bondage today if they could.

Slavery is the most profitable form of business - and evil people know this. And now we have debt slavery, wage slavery, sex slavery etc.

Powerful evil people will do powerfully evil things.
https://www.history.com/news/5-myths-about-slavery

I think confederacies are dangerous things and the old empire masquerading under different names and places went about stamping them out all over the world under the guise of nationalism or colonialism.
Slaves and resources were the extra bonuses for wiping out FREEDOM.
Any time that word is waved around, it FAILS if others don't have the same basic rights. Falls on its face with its dick in the dirt.
Now, because of the planscamdemic, MANY people who were not questioning authority before are now looking into our bastardized history even more, and the dominos are falling. And they will keep falling until we get to the root of the problem and dig it out. The last few years are only the beginning. Just the tip, as it were.

Well, we could throw the entire narrative into further disarray by introducing the concept that "Moors", "Templars", and "Tatarians" were here before Colombo. Everybody been here before. It's a small, small world.
Indeed.
Not to derail the thread too much, sorry! But I do really like this channel on the history side of things if you aren’t familiar yet. Jon Levi

Indeed.
Not to derail the thread too much, sorry! But I do really like this channel on the history side of things if you aren’t familiar yet. Jon Levi
I am, but can hardly stand to listen to the repetitive CT drivel. And that's the first time I've used that anagram.
He pulls up nice photos though.
Same with Auto Didactic, Michelle Gibson, Martin Liedke, and all the others that have spawned and multiplied. Some just buy into ALL of the conspiracies, because they know we've been lied to and history has gaping holes and inconsistencies in it. But they discredit themselves in the doing.
Wooden Nickels was alright, but I haven't watched in awhile.
It's like in the past. You set up a control system that self-regulates. Rockefeller and Carnegie and others infiltrating and taking over all of the industries with supposed philanthropy, which was really just buying them a seat (multiple) at the table. On the board.
I watched idiocy reign at the end of the former stolenhistory.org and the dissolution and reformation of it. And then others like stolenhistory.net and then the Frankenstein's monster of stolenhistory.org rising from its grave.
Lots of good old photos and some documents here and there, but too many want to jump to conclusions rather than dig deeper.
Had a thought as I was walking with the dog earlier. My foot was hurting, and usually we try to ignore or focus elsewhere in regards to pain. But energy follows attention, so we need to really focus on it to heal and let go and move on.
Kind of like what's growing these days. So many, too many don't want to look at it, acknowledge it, try to help it. But we can't heal it and move on until more of that happens. Because of the giving power away, deferring to other outside "authorities", and not taking personal responsibility in all that we do.
So, like it or not ostriches, eventually you'll have to come up for air.
I like Jarid Boosters most of all these days, because he's not liable to stick his foot up his ass into his mouth like many others are wont to do.
;)
Was mainly the stupid use of terms like "the powers that be" or "they" or any derivative thereof. It gives away power and choice. Grapes of Wrath style, most are unaware of their complicity, because they're trained into it. Those that know the bigger picture are few indeed. From either end.
And we're about to witness the end of all of the corrupt or dysfunctional systems. Only those that actually work or can be made to will continue. The rest is wood for the big bonfire.

Last edited:
I'd like to re-examine all the history I learned a couple of decades ago in school and do my own revising of it, but I would say it is foolish at best to say "there was no such thing as "black slavery" because many white people were also slaves and indentured servants." It WAS a rough tough time of free exploitation and people of all races who were poor got awful treatment... that much is true... but to say Black people didn't have it any worse?? Yeah, I agree with stopping the guest right there... That's like going from: "some claims about the holocaust were exaggerated propaganda" to... "Jews weren't treated any differently in Nazi Germany." Too far... too far...

but to say Black people didn't have it any worse?? Yeah, I agree with stopping the guest right there... That's like going from: "some claims about the holocaust were exaggerated propaganda" to... "Jews weren't treated any differently in Nazi Germany." Too far... too far...
I gave this some thought. It’s obvious that history is always co-opted. So I think the mistake being made by “revisionists”(aka historian with alternate perspective) is acting like any significant revelation implicitly requires the current experts to reassess their position. It doesn’t. So this mistake turns into a guy saying “well, actually the So&so’s weren’t nearly as such&such as we’re told. So you must accept blah blah blah.” When in reality, that’s a much bigger Ask which would require far more humility than Guy has at his disposal.

I think the proper approach would be a non-selling approach, something like “I have reviewed and I truly believe……” which is more of an appeal for the audience to consider the effort and due diligence which he has spent achieving his level of belief. And if he’s going to sales-pitch something it would have to be his methods of inquiry rather than his storyline.

Last edited:
I am, but can hardly stand to listen to the repetitive CT drivel. And that's the first time I've used that anagram.
He pulls up nice photos though.
Same with Auto Didactic, Michelle Gibson, Martin Liedke, and all the others that have spawned and multiplied. Some just buy into ALL of the conspiracies, because they know we've been lied to and history has gaping holes and inconsistencies in it. But they discredit themselves in the doing.
Wooden Nickels was alright, but I haven't watched in awhile.
It's like in the past. You set up a control system that self-regulates. Rockefeller and Carnegie and others infiltrating and taking over all of the industries with supposed philanthropy, which was really just buying them a seat (multiple) at the table. On the board.
I watched idiocy reign at the end of the former stolenhistory.org and the dissolution and reformation of it. And then others like stolenhistory.net and then the Frankenstein's monster of stolenhistory.org rising from its grave.
Lots of good old photos and some documents here and there, but too many want to jump to conclusions rather than dig deeper.
Had a thought as I was walking with the dog earlier. My foot was hurting, and usually we try to ignore or focus elsewhere in regards to pain. But energy follows attention, so we need to really focus on it to heal and let go and move on.
Kind of like what's growing these days. So many, too many don't want to look at it, acknowledge it, try to help it. But we can't heal it and move on until more of that happens. Because of the giving power away, deferring to other outside "authorities", and not taking personal responsibility in all that we do.
So, like it or not ostriches, eventually you'll have to come up for air.
I like Jarid Boosters most of all these days, because he's not liable to stick his foot up his ass into his mouth like many others are wont to do.
;)
Was mainly the stupid use of terms like "the powers that be" or "they" or any derivative thereof. It gives away power and choice. Grapes of Wrath style, most are unaware of their complicity, because they're trained into it. Those that know the bigger picture are few indeed. From either end.
And we're about to witness the end of all of the corrupt or dysfunctional systems. Only those that actually work or can be made to will continue. The rest is wood for the big bonfire.

I don’t know any of those CT presenters you name there! They certainly are spreading like mushrooms. But I think the issue so far as I experience it is there needs to be a ‘trickle up’ and around the gatekeepers. Real academics need to take this up, not dabblers. I’m a dabbler, as are most of us, and I see nothing wrong with that, but do see the need for a better bridge into more serious work. I think historians, especially criminal historians, are ideal for this. I got a great reply on a blog recently I will share to demonstrate this, as I think it is very helpful in the education process.

From the blog post (sorry, forget which one):
Yep. Chardin was a Christian Kabbalist. Where a lot of this seems to have it’s origins, why its so bound up in Military R&D, espionage. They took Neoplatonism, a certain variety of it, post-Renaissance, and then wanted to merge it with the New Industrialism, Banking, Speculation. Not only that, but in order for this kind of fluid movement to keep going, they had to continually cause upheaval, the kind of ‘Hegelian’ false-flagging you see now, which was part of the birth of modern ‘games’ and ‘strategy.’ What ‘the Enlightenment’ was- it was literally a metaphysical plot to warp the minds of people. We’re taught in School that ‘Science’ somehow originated with it, but that’s complete BS. What’s known as ‘Science’ originated long before Enlightenment-Dualist-Materialism, was around during the Middle Ages in the form of Aristotelian Scholasticism, and the Civilizations of Antiquity were well aware of it. If Antiquity was not aware of ‘Science,’ the Renaissance ‘Mages’ wouldn’t have had to plagiarize so much from them, then add a ton of fraudulent documents, staged events, plotting with mystic psychics and oracles etc to add a whole new agenda and theater to it. Three books cover this transformation pretty well, although you have to fill in the blanks with Industrialism/Banking- ‘Magic and Superstition in Europe: A Concise History’ by Michael Bailey, ‘Unfabling the East’ by Jurgen Osterhommel, and ‘The Metaphysical Club,’ by Louis Menand. If you already know about Hellfire clubs, all of the so-called ‘Conspiracy history,’ these help fill in some things, in spite of being pretty mainstream history books. You can even see the origins of ‘Woke’ in Unfabling the East, with Jesuit and Jewish, British Cosmopolitians going around plundering, working with corrupt leaders internationally, all exploiting their peoples, only to return home and act all pious, moral about how open-minded they were when people accused them of corrupt foreign allegiances- which they had.

Two great books on that, though, if you haven’t already read them. One is ‘Codes of the Underworld’ by Diego Gambosa, and the other is ‘Made Men: a history of Ritual, Myth, and Symbol in the Mafia.’ I know you’ve used the term ‘Made Men’ quite a bit already in your articles, so it fits. The ‘Codes’ book has a lot more on the hand gestures, etc that the video didn’t/wasn’t able to describe extensively.

Magic and Superstition in Europe: A Concise History’ by Michael Bailey, ‘Unfabling the East’ by Jurgen Osterhommel, and ‘The Metaphysical Club,’ by Louis Menand. If you already know about Hellfire clubs, all of the so-called ‘Conspiracy history,’ these help fill in some things, in spite of being pretty mainstream history books.

Why is it so important for the academics to join ‘us’? I agree with this quote on that:

“It is pointless to argue politics because the people who side with the top of the hierarchy are doing so from primal drives to belong, be a team player, and to advance in the hierarchy by ingratiating themselves with people of higher status. They will never change their mind because their stands merely reflect the elite’s. Whatever it is that the elite want and believe is right by definition. If you have arguments against their positions then you just must be wrong and your arguments aren’t even worth listening to. This explains the anger that the pro-government types have towards those who aren’t. The people who don’t agree with the elites are traitors to the tribe. They are endangering the tribe by disrupting tribal unity.”

The Psychology of Human Action - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Last edited:
A discussion about "white slavery" without a nod to "The slavs" is an insult to our intelligence. I do not get the recrimination in regards to slavery or peaceful ethnism. And in the light of Mass Formation Psychosis, lets have a little compassion for the ignorant past.

And dont forget, History is the lie the powerful tell the weak. Ivory castle much Alex? Are you feeling the Bern or did you hit your head?

Back