Kathy Mingo, Are Auras Real? |430|

Hi David. Thank you for your comments. I agree with this actually to put to bed all of the variables to this type of work. How would you set up protocols to ensure fairness to both sides? What would be deemed as undisputable towards definitive proof? It is something that is hard to quantify given the etheral nature of it.
Thanks for joining us here, Kathy - it is also nice to hear a fellow Brit on the show. Every podcast is improved when the person interviewed joins the discussion.

I was really more posing the question. I mean as I see it, there are several issues that pull in different directions.

One extreme would be to do something like Julie Beischel did, but I am sure her super severe protocol failed many good mediums. I am curious whether either you or Claire tried that test.

Another extreme would be to do what the TV shows do - make it all about entertainment, and we sure don't want to go there.

The third approach is to do the job as you would normally do it, and let people judge for themselves.

I think describing Alex's house as lots of white squares was very accurate, and rather unusual. It sounded as though what you actually see on these occasions is maybe more like a sketch that a photograph?

I think LetsEat was discussing one way a medium could cheat - I mean the internet makes that rather easy. The trouble is, all that conventional science wants to do with psychic phenomena is to try to figure out some way they could have cheated! Maybe an experiment with one layer of Julie Beischel's blinding might help. Suppose that Alex talked to you with the sitter listening in, and the sitter would type replies that Alex would read back to you.

BTW, there is only one or two true sceptics here, most of us are just interested in hardening the evidence as much as possible.

Thanks again for joining us!

David

Last edited:
Wow! Just the kind of thing I'm interested in. I'm a dowser as a hobby. My dad showed me how to hold brass rods so I could detect energy fields, but I never found an explanation for what I was reading. I always assumed it was electro-magnetic, since rocks & other non-living things don't have one. I learned from Eben Alexander's "33 Day Journey in the Heart of Consciousness" that our aura is generated primarily by the heart, not the brain! But I can do other odd things like find my wife's general location by just asking, "Where's my wife?" while holding one rod. The rod will swing around & point out where she is. But what's fascinating about Kathy's input is her belief in not brushing off synchronicity. I went on an ESL job site today & got a strong feeling of need to check out a job for a informal education coordinator at GREEK refugee camp. I doubt that it pays well & at my age (64), they'd probably nix the idea of hiring me, plus I'm not a risk taker type, but see I listen to Alex & Kathy tonite & the Greek connection pops up!! The other thing is I have been using Sacred Acoustics's "Cosmic Womb" to meditate. Lately, I keep seeing these brief images of people mouthing words at me or drifting up to me. looking & then drifting away. Cool, huh? So, I am definitely going to apply for that coordinator job & see if I take off on a journey like Kathy's!! It would be wonderful just to help educate refugees who need my help. I'm tired of being retired!

Wow! Just the kind of thing I'm interested in. I'm a dowser as a hobby. My dad showed me how to hold brass rods so I could detect energy fields, but I never found an explanation for what I was reading. I always assumed it was electro-magnetic, since rocks & other non-living things don't have one. I learned from Eben Alexander's "33 Day Journey in the Heart of Consciousness" that our aura is generated primarily by the heart, not the brain! But I can do other odd things like find my wife's general location by just asking, "Where's my wife?" while holding one rod. The rod will swing around & point out where she is. But what's fascinating about Kathy's input is her belief in not brushing off synchronicity. I went on an ESL job site today & got a strong feeling of need to check out a job for a informal education coordinator at GREEK refugee camp. I doubt that it pays well & at my age (64), they'd probably nix the idea of hiring me, plus I'm not a risk taker type, but see I listen to Alex & Kathy tonite & the Greek connection pops up!! The other thing is I have been using Sacred Acoustics's "Cosmic Womb" to meditate. Lately, I keep seeing these brief images of people mouthing words at me or drifting up to me. looking & then drifting away. Cool, huh? So, I am definitely going to apply for that coordinator job & see if I take off on a journey like Kathy's!! It would be wonderful just to help educate refugees who need my help. I'm tired of being retired!
Reading your post, I am wondering if dowsing isn't an area worth exploring more on Skeptiko. The nice thing is, it seems strong enough to be useful, and easy to experiment with. Apparently the Heart does generate an appreciable electromagnetic field, but your wife is presumably further afield when you search for her. How far can your wife be away when you do the test, and do you know the right answer when you do it?

David.

Thank you for having me here xx

I'd like to question you more generally about mediumship.

1) Are you able to bring up animals (e.g. pets) as well as people.

2) Is your communication telepathic in nature - which presumably makes it language independent. Say for example that Alex's grandfather only spoke Greek while alive, would you still have been able to communicate with him?

3) Are you able to spot incipient illnesses in sitters when you look at their aura?

4) Do animals have an aura?

David

God I find that really depressing...lol....surely a CV should suffice for a job!!
Employers often scour facebook accounts as well, luckily you won't have to worry about that in your career but I find it disgusting myself that privacy has been violated to increase corporate security (and profits)

I'd like to question you more generally about mediumship.

1) Are you able to bring up animals (e.g. pets) as well as people.

2) Is your communication telepathic in nature - which presumably makes it language independent. Say for example that Alex's grandfather only spoke Greek while alive, would you still have been able to communicate with him?

3) Are you able to spot incipient illnesses in sitters when you look at their aura?

4) Do animals have an aura?

David
Hi David....As I always say I do not call myself a traditional medium so I am a bit different but yes I often get peoples beloved pets that have passed over. I am a MASSIVE animal fan and believe that our sentient pet pals are our biggest teachers so would not dismiss animal connection.
I can answer #4 as well. Yes animals have auras. My aura machine actually has a function for showing cat dog aura. They even have their own paw pad device.My 18 year old Burmese ( now sadly passed) was incredulous being placed on it...lol...she was a blue aura.

I truely believe it is telepathic yes. I do say that if people did not speak English in life they will communicate in native tongue , but we weirdly manage to converse beyond words.( I have a few Eastern European clients whose relatives do not speak English) I get info in a kind of blueprint format. Like with Alex house I felt his grandad was showing me or I was remote viewing it but more like in patterns and abstract. I "felt" such pride from him...as in pride of how well his Grandson had done in life confirmed by alex that he came over from Greece with nothing but clothes and no money. This was first I knew his Greek roots to be fair....I did not really connect last name to Greek but get now why you felt that might have been in my mind. I am not a scientific brain...I just accept people as they are so do not tend to overthink semantics. I am still not sure if I am connected with the soul of that person or an echo resonance of their cellular information, it is a thing that I really want to explore. I have been psychic all my life but tried to surpress it due to mockery ect
I will add a photo of my aura soon so you can see how the machine works.

I can definately pick up illness in someones aura but again a lot of info comes through a telepathic knowing. Hard to explain. I believe ( my perception of it obs) that the aura is a conduit to cellular info from the souls journey..past/ future all there for decoding. I might be wrong and I often say I could be wrong on all of it. I am not arrogant to think my view or opinion is the right or only one but I have had so much evidence it is hard to dismiss.

I thought she said Louie

I listened again and it’s not clear. In uk ‘Louis’ is often pronounced as the French - ‘Louie’. The ‘s’ is more likely to be pronounced in Lewis (e.g. Hamilton/Capaldi). Listening again, it’s hard not to hear Kathy’s comments feeding off your replies at that point.

She may be tuning in to your aura, what do I know? But I’m not very techie, and found that information after literally 2 google searches, and for free. If Kathy got that information auricly, she’s doing it the hard way.

Btw... phat crib bro.

I listened again and it’s not clear. In uk ‘Louis’ is often pronounced as the French - ‘Louie’. The ‘s’ is more likely to be pronounced in Lewis (e.g. Hamilton/Capaldi). Listening again, it’s hard not to hear Kathy’s comments feeding off your replies at that point.

She may be tuning in to your aura, what do I know? But I’m not very techie, and found that information after literally 2 google searches, and for free. If Kathy got that information auricly, she’s doing it the hard way.

Btw... phat crib bro.
Maybe it is worth pointing out that Mediums were around long before the internet!

David

thank goodness we have Dr. Julie Beischel and her peer-reviewed scientific experiments showing that medium communication is real otherwise we'd have to take seriously the silly debunking exercises some go thru in order to maintain their biological robot in a meaningless universe worldview.

Julie Beischel's research is great. I am in favor of that type of research. But most people who believe in mediumship never heard of it and are also not fooled by the debunkers. When you write "otherwise we'd have to take seriously the silly debunking exercises..." I don't know who the "we" is that you are referring to. Who are you referring to? There had been a long history of psychical research before Dr. Beischel was even born. Dr. Beischel's peer reviewed research and multiple blind protocols didn't convince the debunkers.

Richard Hodgson's research established the validity of mediumship over 100 years ago, it ruled materialist explanations, and super psi too.
https://books.google.com/books?id=5...q=editions:LCCN09022954&lr=&output=html&hl=en
A FURTHER RECORD OF OBSERVATIONS OF CERTAIN PHENOMENA OF TRANCE
by Richard Hodgson L.L.D.
Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research Vol. XIII. 1898, p 284 - 582

My summery of the above research posted on my blog.
https://ncu9nc.blogspot.com/2009/05/further-record-of-observations-of.html

https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/pspr_map
Web Guide to The Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research.​

https://books.google.com/books?q=editions:0HoKx8DYFXcTcQ7S6m1&id=OGcAAAAAMAAJ

https://books.google.com/books?q=editions:LCCN09022954&lr=&id=rUDOAAAAMAAJ&sa=N&start=0

https://books.google.com/books?q=editions:0YtIlDFzRgAlrBaY9b&id=SqPNAAAAMAAJ

https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/summary_of_evidence#summary_evidence_twenty_cases

Last edited:
Maybe it is worth pointing out that Mediums were around long before the internet!

David

Of course. I’m only talking about this case and the information imparted.

But you’ll agree there have always been unscrupulous, fraudulent mediums? I guess there’s never been an easier time than now to do a ‘hot read’. (I’m not saying that happened here, but a hot reader could’ve given a similar reading).

But you’ll agree there have always been unscrupulous, fraudulent mediums? I guess there’s never been an easier time than now to do a ‘hot read’. (I’m not saying that happened here, but a hot reader could’ve given a similar reading).

Strangely enough, unlike some 'products', the less they charge the more I would trust them.

People say the same about people practicing the various homoeopathic treatments, but I got my rather troublesome sciatica cured with four one-hour treatments, each of £40 (plus an extra £10 for the first visit). Now nobody is going to tell me people do that for the sake of fraud.

Besides, once Julie Beischel and others proved that these tricks aren't needed to get a positive result, it seems more likely to me that most of the people offering these services, are the real deal - at least to some extent.

David

Hi David....As I always say I do not call myself a traditional medium so I am a bit different but yes I often get peoples beloved pets that have passed over. I am a MASSIVE animal fan and believe that our sentient pet pals are our biggest teachers so would not dismiss animal connection.
I can answer #4 as well. Yes animals have auras. My aura machine actually has a function for showing cat dog aura. They even have their own paw pad device.My 18 year old Burmese ( now sadly passed) was incredulous being placed on it...lol...she was a blue aura.

Hi Kathy

I am intrigued by your comments on animals and pets. I have had intense relationships with cats over years - a sense of being equal but different often. I am curious about how pets connect with you, how they express to you. My last cat, Merlin, seemed bigger than a cat. His presence was larger, in a charismatic sort of way. I wouldn't be surprised if his spirit was other than feline.

I loved listening to the session, not least because I’ve had readings with Kathy. I don’t understand what happens or how and sometimes I find it all absolutely crazy but I have recorded all of them as voice memos on my phone so I have evidence of what she’s said and when. I have proof of future events that she’s explained would take place - with exactness. And they did take place. She describes it as reading a book along a timeline. Sometimes things have come through for people close to me too.

Kathy has a gift and the best thing about it is how humble she is with it. Whenever I have said to her that she’s brilliant, she has always reminded me that it’s not her. I don’t even know if she knows how she does it and I’m still fascinated by it all.

Someone on this forum has suggested doing a session in controlled circumstances so that her abilities can be tested and proved beyond doubt. I look forward to that if you do set this up. Or as she’s said you can call up the shop she works in and book a session using a made up name. I already know she’s true and I believe she can help do more with her gift for more people so I’m glad she’s getting out there and doing interviews like this.

Hi Kathy

I am intrigued by your comments on animals and pets. I have had intense relationships with cats over years - a sense of being equal but different often. I am curious about how pets connect with you, how they express to you. My last cat, Merlin, seemed bigger than a cat. His presence was larger, in a charismatic sort of way. I wouldn't be surprised if his spirit was other than feline.
Hi Michael. I totally agree with you and the intense relationship with pets. I am the same way. Animals tend to come in to a reading and give me a sense of what they were like in life. I find animals have a loyalty humans would find hard to match. They impart a sense of having individual personalities and traits. I love you had a cat called Merlin!! My cat Dali was the most human cat I could know, she too had a huge presence. The saying a nation is judged by the way it treats its animals really sits with me.

Hi Michael. I totally agree with you and the intense relationship with pets. I am the same way. Animals tend to come in to a reading and give me a sense of what they were like in life. I find animals have a loyalty humans would find hard to match. They impart a sense of having individual personalities and traits. I love you had a cat called Merlin!! My cat Dali was the most human cat I could know, she too had a huge presence. The saying a nation is judged by the way it treats its animals really sits with me.

My previous male cat was Apollo. It has never seemed right to give cats mundane human names. I am curious how your experience matches with 'animal communicators'. When they turn up at readings do you just get a sense of their presence and character, and connectionism or do you get, along the lines of the 'animal communicators', a discernible expression of thought or emotion?

Kathy,

As you may be aware, Rupert Sheldrake did some experiments on dogs knowing when their owners were on the way home (with unpredictable return times). He also did a survey of pet owners to determine the frequency of this behaviour. It would seem that half of dogs can do this, and about 1/3 of cats. Over the years, we have had 5 cats, and one almost certainly had this ability. He would camp out with our elderly neighbour until we were heading home, and the neighbour said that she knew when we were on our way because our cat would ask to be let out. The point is ,that the lady in question was slow on her feet, and I am sure it would take an appreciable time for her to let him out. Nevertheless, he was always waiting for us when we arrived, and our return times were rather variable (sometimes we ate out, other times we went to another venue, and some times we came straight back.

At the time I was still pretty materialistic, and I just dismissed the idea that our cat knew when to come out.

I'd tell you our cat's name, except that I try to be a bit anonymous here. If he comes to you in a trance, and tells you his name, please PM me!!!

David

Back