Let's Play Geography!

I was watching an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise (because I have no life) and two characters were playing a game called Geography, and it seemed fun and I thought it would be a nice way for us on the forum to get to know each other.

The rules are simple: one player writes the name of a geographical location, and the following player writes the name of another geographic location, but this time the first letter in the name must be the same letter as the last letter in the previous name. For example, if I said Moon, which ends with an "n," you could say Neptune. Additionally, we can only use the names of actual geographic locations. So no making up places! Lastly, I thought we could make it more fun by giving names of places in our home countries.

So, naturally, I'll start: Rio Grande River.

I was watching an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise (because I have no life) and two characters were playing a game called Geography, and it seemed fun and I thought it would be a nice way for us on the forum to get to know each other.

The rules are simple: one player writes the name of a geographical location, and the following player writes the name of another geographic location, but this time the first letter in the name must be the same letter as the last letter in the previous name. For example, if I said Moon, which ends with an "n," you could say Neptune. Additionally, we can only use the names of actual geographic locations. So no making up places! Lastly, I thought we could make it more fun by giving names of places in our home countries.

So, naturally, I'll start: Rio Grande River.
Do we use river? I would think not . . . In which case I say: El Dorado, Arkansas

(Or do you want to include words like river and mountain?)

Edit: rio actually means river, so I assume not

Go!

Do we use river? I would think not . . . In which case I say: El Dorado, Arkansas

(Or do you want to include words like river and mountain?)

Edit: rio actually means river, so I assume not

Go!

Haha, good points. Let's not count words like River and Mt.

Mine: Santa Fe, New Mexico

Oh, I love New Mexico, I was there for a few months last year, and I've wanted to go back since. Didn't make it to Santa Fe, I'd like to see it one day.

I've never been to Oaxaca either, but they make wonderful cheese I can buy at the store.

My move: Austin, Texas

Oh, I love New Mexico, I was there for a few months last year, and I've wanted to go back since. Didn't make it to Santa Fe, I'd like to see it one day.

I've never been to Oaxaca either, but they make wonderful cheese I can buy at the store.

My move: Austin, Texas

San Antonio

Ooh, I just thought of a challenge to add to this game to make it more interesting! Once a letter's been used, it can't be used again until all the other letters of the English alphabet have been used (with the exclusion of Q and X, to be fair).

So I'll reset: San Jacinto

Ooh, I just thought of a challenge to add to this game to make it more interesting! Once a letter's been used, it can't be used again until all the other letters of the English alphabet have been used (with the exclusion of Q and X, to be fair).

So I'll reset: San Jacinto
So we have lead into - that is, match the last letter while making sure the new last letter hasn't been used yet?

If we're starting over, then I'll say:

Omaha.

I'm planning on going there on a little mini tour early March . . . (And through Eureka Springs, too). I'm excited bc, though I've been to about 35 states, I've never been to Nebraska or Iowa.

Used letters: s, o

So we have lead into - that is, match the last letter while making sure the new last letter hasn't been used yet?

If we're starting over, then I'll say:

Omaha.

I'm planning on going there on a little mini tour early March . . . (And through Eureka Springs, too). I'm excited bc, though I've been to about 35 states, I've never been to Nebraska or Iowa.

Used letters: s, o

Yes, since I used a name ending in O, you must enter a name starting with O, but we can't do that again until we've covered all the letters (minus Q and X, because I doubt there are very many names ending with Q or starting with X). To be more lenient, since I reset our entries, S is still available, because my place didn't end in S.

Also, when you go to Omaha, see if you can say hi to Warren Buffet for me, we're great friends (in another universe).

My move: Austin

Stricken letters: O, A

Yes, since I used a name ending in O, you must enter a name starting with O, but we can't do that again until we've covered all the letters (minus Q and X, because I doubt there are very many names ending with Q or starting with X). To be more lenient, since I reset our entries, S is still available, because my place didn't end in S.

Also, when you go to Omaha, see if you can say hi to Warren Buffet for me, we're great friends (in another universe).

My move: Austin

Stricken letters: O, A
I'm sure I'll run into Warren while I'm there and will pass on a hello!

Me:

New York

Dead letters: a, o, n

Back