Mark Edward | True Confessions of a Fake Psychic

I wished and considered to open a new thread for saying this, but I changed my mind, let me say this here, thank you top floor poster if you don't mind.

I said this many many times before, very few people had put a sane discussion on this phenomenon that why so many people around this world don't care about seeking for the truth, on diverse topics, in diverse circumstances, etcetera.

People may be confused by what I mean by "seeking for the truth" in my "very comprehensive statement above which didn't aim at a concrete and specific theme".

Let me explain, let us say that towards any topic which has a significant correlation to fate of each of ourselves, and has an important portal to an access into many unanswered mysteries in this world where our human beings reside, there are two completely different attitudes:
one is caring about seeking for the truth;
the other is NOT caring about seeking for the truth.

The above explanation is way abstract, I know, I will take an example to further explain.

For example, phenomena of near death experiences and relevant topics are very significant and important as to fate of each of ourselves, including beloved ones tethered to each of ourselves, so naturally, people should have been extremely serious and caring about THE TRUTH BEHIND these phenomena. However, there are two completely different groups of people taking either of these two attitudes:
one is caring about seeking for the truth behind these phenomena;
the other is NOT caring about seeking for the truth behind these phenomena.

So, what is "care", what is "not care"?

Listen, my friends, what I would like to say following is VERY VERY IMPORTANT:

The ones who CARE ABOUT THE TRUTH, will only do THESE THINGS or PUT UP WITH THESE STANCES:
1, be serious, vigilant, prudent, cautious or even nervous, doubt and watch out for everything like being a soldier belonging to a special troop acting an extremely dangerous task in an extremely lethal environment, to name a few, like jungle, lava near a volcano, swamp mire, mountain caves or deep oceans with unknown creatures, territory occupied by brutal terrorist gangs, cartels, syndicates, or lair of aliens in another planet or intelligence made spacecrafts, sorry I should stop, take your imagination, people should be SERIOUS, VIGILANT, PRUDENT, CAUTIOUS, OR EVEN NERVOUS, LIKE A SOLDIER, if they really encountered some mysterious experiences + they hadn't really completely understood all the backgrounds of these experiences for which collecting sufficiently large amount of information is a necessity + they are sane and really CARE ABOUT SEEKING FOR THE TRUTH!
2, they should be serious, vigilant, blah blah blah blah, but not enough, they should also be bewildered, rather than "SO SURE", they should ask questions, rather than "bragging conclusions", they should show a great interest in FURTHER INVESTIGATION, rather than BEING HAPPY WITH "EVERYTHING IS OK", "KNOWING EVERYTHING". HAPPY A WHAT? OK A WHAT? These things are extremely serious, why they hadn't collected sufficiently large amount of useful information (bragging they met Jesus or their some funny angels doesn't belong to useful information) and they be so sure so happy that everything is OK and everything is so sure? Again, HAPPY A WHAT? OK A WHAT? SURE A WHAT? Sane people should investigate an unknown territory thoroughly before claiming something is sure and OK! This is the basic responsibility attitude of a sane human being!

But, look, I invite and plead people to look at those paranormal braggers' attitudes and their standing grounds:
1, they didn't and can't provide sufficient amount of information, yet they are happy and so sure to make claims and conclusions and bragging. For example, near death experiencers only said "Hello it's nice to see you again" or some equivalently meaningless salute to the fuzzy and funny angels in their experiences, and whatever fuzzy and funny angels(or Jesus, spirits, etc they claimed) they encountered in their experiences only said pretty silly words to them, like
"It's not your time, go back",
"You are home",
"Everything is OK",
"You task is to learn how to love",
hey serious people, even if they didn't lie, why almost none of them asked some questions a normal sane person should ask, for example,
"Why it's not my time yet",
"Why this is my home? I suppose there should be my favorite dolls in my home",
"Why everything is OK? My life on earth was not going very well and why I tried to strive to keep positive but I kept feeling depressed",
"Then tell me how to love? My effort didn't bring good results to the people I care about, love is not all about a kind heart and good purpose, it's more about a wise mind and correct choice to lead to a concretely practical good consequence but I lacked the information to help me decide which path to pick",
"Who are you, why I can't see your face clearly",
"Where are other people, why I encounter only you upon visiting this .... place .... or domain",
"My daughter is having a relationship with her boy classmate, could you tell me whether that's a good boy and will my daughter be utilized and eventually hurted",
"I just invested a super market for which the location I thought about much, please tell me whether my choice is correct, I need this business going well because my son's college tuition depends on it",
hey I just randomly took a few example, different people have different personality, characteristics, habits, concerns, cultural and social backgrounds, past life experiences, and many other traits I do not have decently precise English vocabulary to describe because my mother tongue is not English language, some people are more into mundane and some are more curious, some are humble some are rude,
but please seriously people please think about this question: IS IT SANE, for that nearly all the near death experiencers all say the same series suite of silly words "It's not your time, go back, everything is OK only God's love matters"? If a sane person feels he/she has encountered some unusual experiences but he/she hasn't received sufficiently large amount of useful information to let him/her make sure about the TRUTH behind those experiences, this sane person shouldn't wait some audiences to doubt and question the genuineness of his/her narrations, he/she should recheck and doubt and question his/her own experiences before he/she starts to brag that he/she has found "We do not die", "There is another world", "I was so comfortable in there", "Everything is OK", "Only unconditional love matters", blah blah blah blah.
2, I'm not saying those paranormal braggers should be sure about everything, but if they are sane and honest, before they can gather sufficiently large amount of information to bolster and endorse the TRUTH behind their experiences - of course let us assume they didn't lie and really had those unusual experiences - they shouldn't put bragging activities on such high priority things to do instead of FURTHER INVESTIGATION, for example, let me talk about the as famous as like a paragon of the near death experience saga prevailed among the last decade: the shoes on the hospital building top anecdote, if that patient really had that near death experience in which he felt he left his body and ascended up to the building top to find there was a pair of shoes and later this pair of shoes had been verified, why afterward he never visited that building top to recheck whether the circumstance was exactly the same as he felt he had seen in his near death experience? If he had done so - to have further investigated - why he never told MORE DETAILS - like, whether each of that pair of shoes was laid in the same front-rear-direction or the opposite front-rear-direction or some other irregular layout like in an angle, and whether it was the same in reality to his experience? Does the color of the shoes match in reality and what he saw in his experience? If not, what were the differences? Was the lighting and shadows(generated from sun or street light etcetera) the same in reality and his experience? And how the different lighting conditions affected the color he sensed both in reality and his experience? Hey seriously people, I want to explain English language is not my mother tongue and I'm still on the way to learn English language, otherwise I could write a whole volume of book to question the genuineness of any single paranormal bragging anecdote, let us be a bit serious please, why so few people ever cared about the TRUTH? A thing is ever a lie or a truth, if it is truth, why the people claimed it keep shunning providing sufficiently large amount of information of the details a sane audience would definitely question? And if those paranormal braggers haven't gleaned sufficiently large amount of information - meaning they themselves should be equivalently baffled and doubting no less than an audience - and a sane person under such situation should act like hurrying up to further investigate - because these phenomena either show a portal to the mysterious puzzle as to the fate of each one of us, or show the potential mind problem of these braggers and their believers. But we saw those paranormal braggers enjoyed bragging like a dove flying in the rainbow and colorful clouds, rather than hurrying up to further investigate. The explanation that they are quacky frauds is not proved but is a very reasonable candidate for the truth explanation because it is a common sign that frauds refuse or deliberately circumvent providing detailed information but keep claiming they are very sure about something with no doubt, sane and honest people don't do things or talk in this way, if sure, then provide sufficiently large amount of information, if not sure, then show great urgence to futher investigation. Think about after Columbus discovered new continent - the American continent - and after he returned to the European continent, how he told people what he experienced was not a dream but a true continent? He could provide sufficiently large amount of information - all were fresh and never had been heard by the people in the meantime European continent and what he could have said were sufficiently detailed and informational, like he could have described the skin color of most aboriginal tribe people in the meantime American continent, what they wore, what tools they used, what food they ate, many aspects of their society - hierarchy, security, relationships, battles and truce rules, rituals and festivals, their dwellings, ships, cooking utilities, the education pattern for their children.... hey hey seriously people I just do not have time so I stop here, I can say this much with very limited time thinking about that I'm not even an English language speaker! You tell me, what useful detailed information those paranormal braggers have provided? I can say if they intended to just write a novel they are very inferior and unimaginative story fabricators. Why so few people cared about the truth?

I don't have time left today, I want to quickly explain that although I want to talk about the truth but I'm not condemning those frauds, some frauds preached the lies partially for a benign purpose, series of near death experiences saga prevailed in the last decade are probably abrim with lies (but also probably a few were genuineness but they are definitely not a show about a simple fantasy afterlife explanation) but these lies took a partially good effects - they reminded people to think about and cherish the love between people - if I could have time in the future I would say about this further. Peace people I need to do a lot of work and I do not have time left today, God doesn't allocate a leisure life for me, I'm very suffering, perhaps I should have chosen to be a professional fraud myself to see whether it is easier to earn money by being a fraud. You see these several years, near death experience anecdotes are waning shrinking because not too many people left to believe such boring quacky cliche, many paranormal bragging frauds who were pursuiting after money have found the business running more and more inefficient so they changed their field to make money and no longer spend intelligence and effort to systematically fabricate and spread many anecdotal stories.

Sorry the previous post of mine is too verbose.

I will extract some key points and retell my opinions in a relatively concentrative way.

Let me talk about quacks, frauds, cheats, lies. I have an opinion that from now on, strategically, no one can ever be deceived again, neither by any charlatan nor by him/her self.

When you judge whether a person, a claim is honest or a fraudulent hoax, you don't need to hesitate whether to trust him/her or distrust him/her, there is always a discipline like the following:

1, first, you estimate how big is the claim he/she mentioned, coarsely let us say you get a value {claimBig}, then you estimate how much amount of information he/she can tell you, coarsely let us say you get a value {amountOfInformation}, then you compare these two estimation.

2, if value {claimBig} is excessively smaller than value {amountOfInformation}, then he/she either tell you something trivial to your interest or he/she is prudent and relatively honest, if value {claimBig} is excessively larger than value {amountOfInformation}, then you need to further estimate a third value, that is, how sure he/she insists on that claim, let us say you get a value {sure}.

3, if value {claimBig} is excessively larger than value {amountOfInformation}, and value {sure} is excessively small, then he/she either tell you something trivial to your interest or he/she is prudent and relatively honest, if value {claimBig} is already excessively larger than value {amountOfInformation}, and also value {sure} is excessively large, then you need to further estimate a fourth value, that is, how eager and urgent he/she shows a need and interest to further investigate and gather more amount of information, let us say you get a value {showAnEagernessAndUrgencyToFurtherInvestigate}.

4, if value {showAnEagernessAndUrgencyToFurtherInvestigate} is excessively high, then he/she is possibly relatively honest, if value {showAnEagernessAndUrgencyToFurtherInvestigate} is excessively low, let you feel that he/she almost tries to block or distract your thinking about a need to further investigate, then all your innate vigilance should rise to tell yourself: "Achtung! This is probably a fraud!!!!"

In short, when you encounter anything, any statement, any scenario, any circumstance, if you find:

{claimBig} >> {amountOfInformation} and {sure} >> {meanValue} and {showAnEagernessAndUrgencyToFurtherInvestigate} << {meanValue}

Then this is a fraud and hoax, you don't trust it, you will never need to be deceived by anything any more.

Let me start to take an extremely simple concrete example to explain my meaning:

Let us say, a person suddenly turned up in front of you and said "I'm God", whether you should trust him/her or not? You follow the discipline I wrote previously: first, you estimate, how big is the claim he/she mentioned? He/she said he/she is a God, this is pretty a big claim, right? And you estimate, how much amount of information he/she can provide to you to show that he/she is a God? Absolutely zero, none, right? So this is funny, value {claimBig} is extremely laughably excessively larger than value {amountOfInformation}, so then you estimate the third value, how sure he/she is to tell you that claim? If he/she told you that in a joking way, then the value {sure} is forgettable, if he/she was really serious and insisting on hoping you to believe that it is true he/she is God, then the value {sure} is very high, right, then you need to estimate the fourth value, whether he/she shew a need to invite you to further investigate together, for that fact he/she claimed that he/she is God? For example, seriously, whether he/she could open a gate in front of you and show you a scene of heaven and fetch some testimony that only God can provide to you, like, let us say, A TRUE DEFINITION OF GOD that never had any one provided to you and never had any one been able to make you understand what is THE TRUE DEFINITION OF GOD, seriously. If this person just kept being perfunctory, for example, ignoring your question, or giving your answers completely impertinent and irrelevant to your questions, or saying nonsense which doesn't carry any practical value like "I came from sapphire moon", "You need to visit emerald sea", or just keeping silent, then obviously his/her {showAnEagernessAndUrgencyToFurtherInvestigate} is completely absent. Then do you need to waste your precious time to even hold a little consideration his/her honesty? No, you can not do him/her an injustice to think he/she is a fraud, because he/she did a thing a typical fraud does:
{claimBig} >> {amountOfInformation} and {sure} >> {meanValue} and {showAnEagernessAndUrgencyToFurtherInvestigate} << {meanValue}

This criterion to judge a fraud, a hoax, applies to some much much more complex situations.

Funny enough, some people, or I should say quite many people, feel, or think, the more "lofty words" you speak, the more credibility you sound.

To this day, still, some people continue to produce hollow, drab, meaningless nonsense, waste-of-time sentences, repeated with the same stale devoid meaning and with slightly different composition of words. And still some people keep "believing these meaningless lyrics".

To name a few, like,
"The light is God's breath."
"I returned to the source of all the existence, pure existence."
"There is no time, only pure existence."
"I sensed the absolute peace I have never experienced in earthly life."
"Everything that ever happened makes total sense now to me."

Every time I encountered such sentences carrying such waste-of-time tint, I try to suppress my annoying nauseation.

There is no right or wrong inside these words, there is even no deceivings, you can't judge whether A CHANTING WITH EMPTY MEANING is right or wrong, and someone can't deceive a person with A CHANTING WITH EMPTY MEANING, it is completely void and sheerly waste of time.

A sane person either be busy with narrating large amount of information he/she has found but you haven't known, or he/she assesses his/her own grasp of the available information and tells you something with a prudent certainty according to the very right amount of information he/she has gleaned at hands, and if the topic is really very important and striking at you two common interesting points, then shows great interests and necessity for further investigation, rather than claiming "that he/she has been very sure about something".

Wake up people, it is basic humanity that no one with a sane mind ever believe it is worth indulging into such a kind of silly mind paralysis, it's not fun and not a placebo.

While the meaningless chanting with lofty words addiction is only a waste of time, many psychic in many of the past famous (I don't use the word notorious because I said I don't condemn frauds) hoaxes are not only a waste of everyone's time but also shameless deceivings, they deceived people with an excessively extravagant degree, as if like a refugee in an asylum doesn't care about people call him/her maniac or schizophrenia or something because he/she has been expected to be insane to have shown up in an asylum. To attend activities with those psychic frauds means to put yourself inside an asylum and tell yourself: "enjoy the revel of self mind paralyzing and insulting your own intellect and wasting your own time".

Put aside the analysis for those quacky hoaxes and people's insane mindset behind deliberately forging and/or believing those hoaxes, the motives and the effects of these conspiracies have a very complex impact with the lives of people worldwide, I try to seek the truth not for condemning the frauds, frauds are not always bad, nor are they good though. They are complex and the conspiracies are complex. But the deceivings and being deceived are completely not necessary. As my criteria: you either tell sufficiently large amount of information for the size of bigness of your claim, or you make a prudent certainty claim, and if you yourself can't provide sufficiently large amount of information, you should say you are not sure about any claim and further investigation is needed. Trying to push you to believe a considerably big claim without providing equivalently large amount of information, is an overt deceiving. From now on, no one should ever be deceived any more. You will make wrong judgment or wrong choice just because you lack sufficiently large amount of information, not because you make a sad mistake of believing something without sufficiently large amount of information or you dare not to face the necessity to further investigation or some frauds deliberately prohibited your remembrance of the need for further investigation.

Back