Meta-feeling the future

I gave it a once over the other day but I've got to go through it more slowly. Will try and get to it over the weekend.

I'll be interested to read analyses of this meta-analysis. I hope parapsychologists keep plugging away at presentiment. It still bugs me that Ganzfeld got dropped, more or less.

~~ Paul

IMO meta-analysis which yield's small results is a good way to call for further research.

I think those who've noted meta-analysis rarely converts anyone have the right of it.

I wouldn't necessarily call these results small.

I've been going through this paper over the last hour or so. From what I understand, a small effect size for Hedges g is anything under 0.2. The effect sizes in this study range from 0.7 to 1.1 with the overall effect being 0.09. By my understanding this should be considered quite small.

The authors seem to readily acknowledge the results as small so I'm not sure this should be considered controversial.

I've been going through this paper over the last hour or so. From what I understand, a small effect size for Hedges g is anything under 0.2. The effect sizes in this study range from 0.7 to 1.1 with the overall effect being 0.09. By my understanding this should be considered quite small.

The authors seem to readily acknowledge the results as small so I'm not sure this should be considered controversial.
I may have misunderstood him then. I thought he meant that the results were not very significant. I didn't interpret him as saying that the effect size was small.

I may have misunderstood him then. I thought he meant that the results were not very significant. I didn't interpret him as saying that the effect size was small.

I meant small as minute effect. My understanding is there was statistical significance.

Back