Mitch Horowitz, Who Inspires You Satan or Jesus? |508|

I really enjoyed this interview, too. You showed remarkable restraint in your discussion of the Aquino matter.

A few years ago I would have been nodding in agreement with Mitch's opinion on the unfairness of the 'Satanic panic ' phenomena. But having delved a little deeper, something doesn't quite sound right in this explanation.

agreed. there is some subtlety to the messaging these guys use... it fools a lot of people... it fooled me for a long time.

that's why I'm so keen on the follow the data approach. I mean, if yr not down with figuring out the Aquino thing then you will never really have any grounding on this episode... it'll just be two guys talking. but once you dig in the the evidence... and once you see how obvious it is... then you'll probably conclude (like I did) that there's no freakn way Mitch doesn't know this. and then everything changes.

all is lost :) I found him to be incredibly disingenuousness.

lol... well what did you think about my main point: how can someone so well read on esoterica and someone interested in mentalism/magic/mind-creates-reality not understand that ritual abuse is a natural result of seeking the greatest energy density power source?

I get his version of "satanism-lite" which is romantic and literary and essentially Gnosticism as you pointed out, so by his rescued redefinition, then yes even The Lego Movie which I watched with my 2-year old the other night would be "satanic" because it contains gnostic messages and encourages to create ones own rules and one of the heroines is "Lucy" (lucifer) or Wild-Style.

I don't see the need or reason to rescue the term Satanism though... this could be a genuine effort to "bring some light" or it could be a way to ease people into the shallow end of the dark side.

Here it is...
Whatcha gonna give your power away to? Good to have a sense of humor. I trust those with a healthy one WAY more than those who take things TOO SERIOUSLY.

If you read Opening of the Way by Isha Schwaller de Lubicz, it clears up quite a bit which plagues spiritual seekers.
Satan and Lucifer aren't the same thing. Plus the egregore aspects that everyone's ideas are different and there's no cohesion in beliefs of groups anymore, so there's literally nine billion religions on the planet now.
Co-opting and psy-oping happen to any institutional blankets though, so even the above have gone that way.
TRUE unity consciousness attempts to integrate and balance ALL and embody it, not worship something outside of oneself. And treat all other beings with respect and admiration, not take advantage or disempower.
So, torture and rape and murder? DEFINITELY FUCKED UP.

full stop. this is knowable. do the work!!!

Well it is impossible to 'do the work' on everything, and somehow this is not something that really interests me. As I said, it would be really interesting if you and Mitch thrashed this out behind the scenes - I mean very few people want to actively condone paedophillia - particularly of the gross kind involved here.

David

lol... well what did you think about my main point: how can someone so well read on esoterica and someone interested in mentalism/magic/mind-creates-reality not understand that ritual abuse is a natural result of seeking the greatest energy density power source?

I get his version of "satanism-lite" which is romantic and literary and essentially Gnosticism as you pointed out, so by his rescued redefinition, then yes even The Lego Movie which I watched with my 2-year old the other night would be "satanic" because it contains gnostic messages and encourages to create ones own rules and one of the heroines is "Lucy" (lucifer) or Wild-Style.

I don't see the need or reason to rescue the term Satanism though... this could be a genuine effort to "bring some light" or it could be a way to ease people into the shallow end of the dark side.

IMO Aquino is the key to understanding Mitch.

IMO Aquino is the key to understanding Mitch.
Getting away from this one guy (Aquino), I was a bit staggered by his idea that Satan (in the form of the serpent) represented the origin of the human race because before we 'fell' we weren't really human. That seemed rather contrived, and could be used as a way to paper over events that would ordinarily be described as Satanic.

David

I’d like to Queue up a question for next time..

Premise: We all have people or establishments in our lives for which we would naturally spring toward defense, if we heard an accusation about pedophilic abuse.

Question: When we hear about a friend accused of committing pedophilic abuse, isn’t there a social norm to acknowledge the abuse/damages/danger/magnitude which society hopes to address through application of the law?
It’s seems to me a major red flag when someone discusses this level of evil and doesn’t see it necessary to identify and bond on the hope to resolve and protect society from further exposure to it. Let me know what you think.

thank you for reading. Bye for now.

I think it's important to look into Satanism to see what it really teaches...I was interested and researched it and was surprised how it really boils down to a kind of human potential movement...not the big scary monster that it is so often characterized as.

Mitch’s defense of Aquino (as he stated several times) was, “well there was a Satanic panic.” That’s not a valid argument.

Hows everybody doing? Been away a while.
There definately was a satanic panic. He is completely correct. Young children were coerced into implicating others about things that were imaginary.

Before this particular episode when I was a kid we could after school all get together and play games on the street and forest with out supervision. Go and a look around now like a fing' morgue in the neighborhood's. This bullshit completely devestated society and we haven't even began to calculate the costs in term of clustering the young away as apposed to giving them freedom and responsibility.
The deference between living in freedom and living in fear. ' ye but such and such case did happen' ..ok.and so what..a lady sitting at a bar down the street got her throat cut, bled out ..as fate would have it I happen to be up that that way and was invited for a beer in the same table of the deed. Do we suppose i should hide away? Like, OMG somebody died here, hide in my hole?
I know what I choose and that's life.

In so far as his central thesis, what does the spiritaul practitioner do when faced with devastating depression, or some type of personal disaster. How do we mind ourselves out of that one?
A completely valid question. Tell me somebody who does not have to deal with that?
And - no - modern spiritualality has not dealt with this reality enough.

Sorry for disagreeing (but not that much).

Last edited:
There definately was a satanic panic. He is completely correct. Young children were coerced into implicating others about things that were imaginary.
By sheer probability there must be 1,000s of incidents where catholic choir boys lied about priest molestation to get out of performing church duties.

Nobody’s denying that shams are executed, or that kids cry wolf..

Neither are Christians denying that abuse is a problem in Church organizations.

The sketchy part it Satanists/Enthusiasts/Apologists are denying that satanism is used as a purpose in abuse.

That’s like saying Christianity wasn’t used foe torture during the crusades.

Granted the scale.

EVERY religion gets used as purpose for abuse.

At some point you have to pry off the group performing it and label them a sect.

To deny this only makes it more obvious.

I liked Mitch, even though the title of this podcast looked unpromising!

I have no idea who is right about Aquino, but I think it might be useful if Alex had some conversations with him offline to try to come to a joint opinion - after all I am quite sure Mitch does not want to excuse paedophilia!

I wonder if he is right in thinking that informed opinion is on the verge of moving away from materialism.

David
What sort of strong evidence could we hope for in this case? Alex said reports of children but according to who? This social worker?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Napolis

She accused the satanist of terrible acts but she seems a bit loopy to me. If, of course, the information written there is accurate...

Which is why the notion of historical record is not strong evidence. I agree in general though. Their are really bad satanists. Satanic panic is a cover for terrible people. I also like Mitch and his way of distorting satan into something likable. But I wouldnt want to be associated with satanism because of what it means to Christians.

Language is very powerful!

Last edited:
Getting away from this one guy (Aquino), I was a bit staggered by his idea that Satan (in the form of the serpent) represented the origin of the human race because before we 'fell' we weren't really human. That seemed rather contrived, and could be used as a way to paper over events that would ordinarily be described as Satanic.

David
Oh that idea has a rich history. It even has modern analogues with transhumanism and "nanny" AI. Mitch has the libertarian spirit so it isn't surprising tiny little slivers of truth overlap between alex and mitch.

What sort of strong evidence could we hope for in this case? Alex said reports of children but according to who? This social worker?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Napolis

She accused the satanist of terrible acts but she seems a bit loopy to me. If, of course, the information written there is accurate...

Which is why the notion of historical record is not strong evidence. I agree in general though. Their are really bad satanists. Satanic panic is a cover for terrible people. I also like Mitch and his way of distorting satan into something likable. But I wouldnt want to be associated with satanism because of what it means to Christians.

Language is very powerful!
Thanks - I get the picture. I guess I also think she is loopy.

The problem is that one only has so much time, and I don't really want to explore people who make peculiar accusations against others. I do know that the ritual abuse saga played in the UK and a number of parents lost contact with their kids for some time, but then the cases were dropped.

David

I’d like to Queue up a question for next time..

Premise: We all have people or establishments in our lives for which we would naturally spring toward defense, if we heard an accusation about pedophilic abuse.

Question: When we hear about a friend accused of committing pedophilic abuse, isn’t there a social norm to acknowledge the abuse/damages/danger/magnitude which society hopes to address through application of the law?
It’s seems to me a major red flag when someone discusses this level of evil and doesn’t see it necessary to identify and bond on the hope to resolve and protect society from further exposure to it. Let me know what you think.

thank you for reading. Bye for now.
I don't really get what you are trying to say. This guy was accused of doing truly awful things to children. However the accuser seems to be rather unstable, and so presumably may have made this up. It is awfully hard to probe this deeper, not being a policeman able to interview everyone.

Also, I'm not the kind of guy who really wants to explore crimes like this. I don't think that makes me bad - I mean if my exploring it would actually make a difference, then that would be different.

Maybe your response wasn't addressed to me?

David

I don't really get what you are trying to say. This guy was accused of doing truly awful things to children. However the accuser seems to be rather unstable, and so presumably may have made this up. It is awfully hard to probe this deeper, not being a policeman able to interview everyone.

Also, I'm not the kind of guy who really wants to explore crimes like this. I don't think that makes me bad - I mean if my exploring it would actually make a difference, then that would be different.

Maybe your response wasn't addressed to me?

David

My "Queue up a question for next time" was just a parody of Alex's episode wrap ups. It was addressed at Mitch. I intended to point out that Mitch didn't connect at all on the overall concern which is stopping abuse and abusers. He leaned real hard on whataboutism, which raises a red flag for me when the subject is murder/abuse of children.

Example:
Guy #1 - "Hey man, I heard your best friend went to jail for putting his wife in the hospital, and they let him out free, what's up with that??

Guy #2 - "My friend is innocent, which is why they didn't press charges. Anyway, why are we even talking about my friend when there's a neighborhood down the street with like 20 wifebeaters??"

My "Queue up a question for next time" was just a parody of Alex's episode wrap ups. It was addressed at Mitch. I intended to point out that Mitch didn't connect at all on the overall concern which is stopping abuse and abusers. He leaned real hard on whataboutism, which raises a red flag for me when the subject is murder/abuse of children.

Example:
Guy #1 - "Hey man, I heard your best friend went to jail for putting his wife in the hospital, and they let him out free, what's up with that??

Guy #2 - "My friend is innocent, which is why they didn't press charges. Anyway, why are we even talking about my friend when there's a neighborhood down the street with like 20 wifebeaters??"
Yes but to make a proper analogy, you have to assume that Guy#1 had been asked about this incident many times.

David

Back