Quotes Regarding the Mind and Body

The paradox of reality is that no image is as compelling as the one which exists only in the mind's eye.

- Shana Alexander -

“I admit that thoughts influence the body.”

—Albert Einstein --- Quoted by W. Hermanns in A Talk with Einstein, October 1943.

Last edited:
"I am one who would enter the dread place, the Abode of Death, the Threshold of the Otherworld, the Door Replacing the Misty Veil. I am one sanctified, one knowing the Lesser Mysteries, I am an Enlightened One".
-Hurmanetar
Chapter 8 of The Book of Gleanings,
The Kolbrin

The source is an Internet person named "QED."

~~ Paul

The Abbreviations QED are what people use at the end of a statement or argument to maintain their point is proven.
It is not a name of somebody. So without the proper citation of the source, it becomes more difficult to verify and basically just becomes an assertion.

Thanks

Last edited:
The Abbreviations QED are what people use at the end of a statement or argument to maintain their point is proven.

It is not a name of somebody. So without the proper citation of the source, it becomes more difficult to verify and basically just becomes an assertion.
The quote was posted on another forum by someone whose member name is QED. Actually, it's lowercase qed. I'll fix my post.

~~ Paul

The quote was posted on another forum by someone whose member name is QED. Actually, it's lowercase qed. I'll fix my post.

~~ Paul

I think you're yanking my chain Paul, but in any case, I don't think the source carries much weight to the verification of the quote and it becomes a struggle to become convinced of any truth to it.

It may be true but a forum members post is not really a viable source. But you know that right! right! You're just playing around.

I think you're yanking my chain Paul, but in any case, I don't think the source carries much weight to the verification of the quote and it becomes a struggle to become convinced of any truth to it.
You mean you have a reference to an experiment where just staring at a double slit causes a change?

It may be true but a forum members post is not really a viable source. But you know that right! right! You're just playing around.
But the Bhagavad Gita and Unknown are?

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-interaction-causes-wave-collapse-in-quantum-mechanics.t4479/

~~ Paul

Consider the double-slit experiment: if one “watches” a subatomic particle or a bit of light pass through slits on a barrier, it behaves like a particle and creates solid-looking hits behind the individual slits on the final barrier that measures the impacts. Like a tiny bullet, it logically passes through one or the other hole. But if the scientists do not observe the trajectory of the particle, then it exhibits the behavior of waves that allow it pass through both holes at the same time. Why does our observation change what happens?

Answer: Because reality is a process that requires our consciousness.

Robert Lanza Named One of TIME Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World

Last edited:
The Bhagavad Gita is at least an authoritative source and if you dispute it's content you can at least question the source.
But just posting any old junk from random people who post on forums, is a lot more difficult to question.

What is your problem Paul, I am sure you are not that inept and can at least provide a valid source for the content you wish to post.
There are quotes from "Unknown." I didn't realize that the quotes were undergoing some test of veracity.

~~ Paul

Consider the double-slit experiment: if one “watches” a subatomic particle or a bit of light pass through slits on a barrier, it behaves like a particle and creates solid-looking hits behind the individual slits on the final barrier that measures the impacts. Like a tiny bullet, it logically passes through one or the other hole. But if the scientists do not observe the trajectory of the particle, then it exhibits the behavior of waves that allow it pass through both holes at the same time. Why does our observation change what happens?

Answer: Because reality is a process that requires our consciousness.
Scientists don't perform observation literally by staring at the apparatus. Except for Radin, of course.

~~ Paul

Back