Robert Bonomo, Follow the Money to the Non-Dual Path |491|

do you have and ref for yoganada trickery? I looked but could only find:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/srfblacklist/yogananda-s-pulse-trick-t236.html

on the other hand, there are lot of eye witness accounts by reliable folks... it wasn't that long ago.
Actually, I was sort of playing the devil's advocate re: Master. If he was prone to 'magick tricks,' they were probably pretty rarely used. At worse, maybe he was a little like Arthur Ford, whose admirers wrote about his extensive stash of obituaries & other research. At best, I think he was genuinely a saint who had to put up w/ egotistical, sexual predators like Kriyananda (Donald Walters). To be fair, Kriyananda was an outstanding speaker, singer, composer, & leader, but he was also human & had his flaws. I was never so shocked as the time a visitor to Ananda asked him to tell a story about Master's life. He suddenly got this frustrated or exasperated look on his face & blurted out, "But don't you want to hear a story about my life?" I imagine he was pretty tired of recounting Master's exploits by the late 1980s.
Yes, I believed most of all of the astounding tales in Autobio. of a Yogi, especially since I was raised w/ tales like J.C. raising the dead & walking on water. Why couldn't Sri Yukteswar Giri hold his crumbling school together w/ his divine powers if J.C. could be tortured, murdered & rise from the dead to walk around w/ his disciples? I have personally experienced Master Li's fashun or his tulpa creations, however you wish to conceive them. His fashun are described 'as intelligent beings that help him do the work of supporting & protecting his millions of devotees which he is bound to honor for their efforts to cultivate themselves.' Like Master, Li cannot abuse his divine gifts by misusing them or engaging in immoral behavior, such as lying. To do so would drop his level & deprive him of his gifts, plus force him to start the formidable process of spiritual cultivation all over again from the very beginning.

Last edited:
Actually, I was sort of playing the devil's advocate re: Master. If he was prone to 'magick tricks,' they were probably pretty rarely used. At worse, maybe he was a little like Arthur Ford, whose admirers wrote about his extensive stash of obituaries & other research. At best, I think he was genuinely a saint who had to put up w/ egotistical, sexual predators like Kriyananda (Donald Walters). To be fair, Kriyananda was an outstanding speaker, singer, composer, & leader, but he was also human & had his flaws. I was never so shocked as the time a visitor to Ananda asked him to tell a story about Master's life. He suddenly got this frustrated or exasperated look on his face & blurted out, "But don't you want to hear a story about my life?" I imagine he was pretty tired of recounting Master's exploits by the late 1980s.
Yes, I believed most of all of the astounding tales in Autobio. of a Yogi, especially since I was raised w/ tales like J.C. raising the dead & walking on water. Why couldn't Sri Yukteswar Giri hold his crumbling school together w/ his divine powers if J.C. could be tortured, murdered & rise from the dead to walk around w/ his disciples? I have personally experienced Master Li's fashun or his tulpa creations, however you wish to conceive them. His fashun are described 'as intelligent beings that help him do the work of supporting & protecting his millions of devotees which he is bound to honor for their efforts to cultivate themselves.' Like Master, Li cannot abuse his divine gifts by misusing them or engaging in immoral behavior, such as lying. To do so would drop his level & deprive him of his gifts, plus force him to start the formidable process of spiritual cultivation all over again from the very beginning.
yeah, that's my read of it too. I found this interesting:
https://www.theosophical.org/publications/quest-magazine/4331

I really appreciated the last several posts (Kim and Alex). They further solidify my position that each and every step in time leads to further and further complication. And that more and more, this makes my own personal practice critical but also, induplicable. And thus also, I have no choice but to honor everyone else's paths no less than I might honor my own. Starting with - having no answers for anyone else... they're just too complicated to be "a way" for anyone else but myself.

No more sage on the stage, no more pretending to be one. If I can be some sage, it can only be for myself.

"Then why do you even post, Mr. Hunter?"

Honestly... that one is unanswerable and I fear I'm just a hypocrite... but at least I'm an honest one!

Yes, I got that same response from some of my Hatha Yoga students who read his Autobio. of a Yogi. One of them asked me, "Do you really believe that stuff?" I wanted to ask her if she believed the miracles in the Bible. I think Yogananda believed firmly that people won't pay much attention unless there are wonders performed, just like the Bible says. He wasn't above a few tricks for sure. I read that he used an old carny trick to show his yogic strength: he would have some strong men line up & brace the shoulders of the man in front of him w/ him at the end w/ his hands resting on a wall; then he would push them all back from him w/ ease. The trick is to shrug your shoulders in a certain way to throw them off balance which makes them easy to push back.
However, I had a number of experiences at Ananda that are hard to explain other than as spiritual or psychic ones. One happened at a celebration on Master's birthday in the temple on the Farm. I was one of the first people there & was handed a candle in a cardboard stand. I was told to light it & put it down up front in a line near a big photograph of Master (which was his preferred title). There was a big candle burning in front of his photo, so I lit mine using that one. I sat up front since I was early & watched as devotees filed in & lit their candles. I couldn't help but notice that some lit their candles like I did, but others lit theirs using one of the small ones burning up front. As the ceremony proceeded, I saw that some of the candles burned down quickly while others burned slowly & steadily. I was puzzled why some did & others didn't. There was no steady air draft up front & there was no pattern to the lasting ones. They were randomly scattered here & there, not all on the left or right, etc. The candles were all the same thickness & height. Then, to my pleased amazement, I realized the difference. The lasting ones, like mine, were lit off Master's candle in front of his picture!
I won't go on w/ instances from Ananda, but I have a few associated w/ Master Li that give me reason to believe he's a legitimate, enlightened qigong master. Let me know if you'd like to read one or two.

I was sorry to hear Cuomo made such a bad move. It sounds like all that sexual harassment/abuse he's got trouble w/ may end his time as gov. of NY & that that will be a good thing if his judgement is so poor. The callousness of political leaders & a lot of times, their constituents, never fails to amaze me. Maybe you're familiar w/ Duterte's "war on drugs" in the Philippines which has resulted in deaths somewhere between 8,000 & 15,000 filipinos, depending on whom is counting. Most of these were extra-judicial killings on the streets by masked motorcycle riders & others were done in jails & prisons. Despite a complete disregard for due process & the obvious problem of killing bystanders while executing drug dealers/users, Duterte remains extremely popular in the Php. Why?? How?? His money from the Chinese has never arrived: less than a billion dollars has been received from a promised 24 billion. His campaign to end corruption didn't stop the bankruptcy of the PhilHealth system due to hospitals & doctors falsely claiming they had COVID-19 patients so they could get the 70,000 pesos for their treatment. The only thing he seems able to do is stand up to Chinese poaching in Php fishing waters, which is probably why the CCP hasn't released any more money.

That's why he's popular ; he stands up against what is bad in some ways even though he's kind of bad . Stand up against the Chinese commies yes!!!! I mean who wouldn't be in favor of that. Over there execute drug dealers , sure that's popular who doesn't hate major drug rings. As far as Cuomo forget about the sex issues. He killed 15000 on purpose or knew hw put them in harm! I got a say when will people learn about voting Democrat anymore, evil and as sick as they are! I say this as a former Democrat . They are evil as it comes. I can say too in New York City and CA , most of the populations have kept up voting Democrat, so should have sympathies for them? Vote em out then!

You did a great job of summarizing the Absolute Awareness which is reached as one systematically notes what one is not: not a body, mind, memories, ego, personality, etc. The mind is especially tricky in that it perpetually grasps at desires & names oneself based on these desires. The possibility of rebirth is reduced as one sheds false associations that generate karma, both good & bad. As Tolle says, forgiveness is the best way to end karma.

Kim , I sent you a contact email

j

I really appreciated the last several posts (Kim and Alex). They further solidify my position that each and every step in time leads to further and further complication. And that more and more, this makes my own personal practice critical but also, induplicable. And thus also, I have no choice but to honor everyone else's paths no less than I might honor my own. Starting with - having no answers for anyone else... they're just too complicated to be "a way" for anyone else but myself.

No more sage on the stage, no more pretending to be one. If I can be some sage, it can only be for myself.

"Then why do you even post, Mr. Hunter?"

Honestly... that one is unanswerable and I fear I'm just a hypocrite... but at least I'm an honest one!

Sort of like trolls who chose a user name then do the opposite... except, I'm honest. :)

Sort of like trolls who chose a user name then do the opposite... except, I'm honest. :)
Chester, you've got a good heart & that's half the battle as far as I'm concerned. Have you watched Life of Brian or Bonomo's Twilight of the Archons? Your comment about following your own path fits right in w/ the segment of Brian telling all his devotees that you don't need to follow anyone. If you've ever messed around w/ the Book of Changes, you quickly notice that casting the coins & then reading the selection tends to back up your intuition about your daily situation. Jim Carrey, a loon of a holy man, says over & over you already possess what you're looking for. So I think you're on the right track.

what about the Turing test?

A.I. cannot pass the Turing Test live and "in person", but GPT-3 technology has advanced to the point where most people on a discussion forum can be fooled.

In the video below a Computer Nerd holds an interesting conversation with a GPT-3 A.I. bot. I think you'll agree the Bot cannot pass the Turing Test in real-time, but if we were conversing with it via text only, it would be difficult to detect.

Notice how the Bot is able to learn math, program simple javascript, display humor, and even do some sarcasm...

I do make use of the ignore feature or I likely wouldn't still stop by this forum.

New technology will make that feature increasingly useful.

IBM scientists are developing an A.I. whose sole purpose is to win debates against humans.

https://www.research.ibm.com/artificial-intelligence/project-debater/index.html

Suq93U5.png

They will never develop full consciousness like humans. Those computer systems are made from humans.

Back