Suzanne Giesemann medium readings provide evidence of love and guidance |334|

maybe, but can you imagine going back to not knowing what you now know? I can't.
This 100%. There doesn't as of yet seem to be any definitive answers. But I cannot put the curtain back in place and pretend that there's nothing behind it.

It's kind of like conspiracy theories. There's enough evidence, often times, to absolutely be able to determine that the mainstream narrative is not true, or at the very least, not the full truth. Take Pizzagate as an example. Looking at all the "evidence" and following it closely for new developments, you cannot simply shrug it off and say, nah, nothing there. But it's certainly far from definitive. Then you factor in the "fake news"/blame Russia/EC shenanigans, and the high strangeness factor increases exponentially.

I don't think any of us can go back to our pre-2016 worldview. I think this was a pivotal year for politics. I think a lot of people have had a worldview change almost forced upon them. Is this the great awakening people have been predicting? Or will some strange new normal of extreme complacency fall into place?

I was just telling my daughter this morning how Christmas 2016 feels a lot like Christmas 2001. It was just after 9-11, when the world knew something fundamental had shifted. I get that same feeling. Something fundamental has, or is, shifting. I think we are at a crossroads as a country. The next few months, maybe even only weeks, may determine our path in very fundamental ways.

Sorry for the tangent. But it's as you say, once you open up Pandora's box, there is no going back. The question is, where does forward lead?

Or will some strange new normal of extreme complacency fall into place?

There are so many complacency peddlers nowadays (newage gurus-You create your reality, so just stop thinking about evil things!) that I worry for the future, its clearly appealing to a lot of people and I've even met many people with this kind of attitude.

I fear us moving into an extremely low trust society as a whole similar to Mexico or the USSR where corruption just becomes expected and tolerated rather than exposed and eliminated, a society where people self segregate in ever tighter reality bubbles of small warring tribal units.

There are so many complacency peddlers nowadays (newage gurus-You create your reality, so just stop thinking about evil things!) that I worry for the future, its clearly appealing to a lot of people and I've even met many people with this kind of attitude.

I fear us moving into an extremely low trust society as a whole similar to Mexico or the USSR where corruption just becomes expected and tolerated rather than exposed and eliminated, a society where people self segregate in ever tighter reality bubbles of small warring tribal units.
Yes, me too. I think Americans have a rare opportunity here. A real chance at turning the tide. I hope it doesn't slip away. For America's sake and the rest of the world.

I don't see how being forced to accept responsibility is anything but the opposite of complacency?

I don't see how being forced to accept responsibility is anything but the opposite of complacency?

The 'you create your reality' schtick is a pretty wide brush, so what does it mean to you specifically? I've only ever seen people use it as a moral justification to ignore evil as if that will make it go away.

The 'you create your reality' schtick is a pretty wide brush, so what does it mean to you specifically? I've only ever seen people use it as a moral justification to ignore evil as if that will make it go away.
Some people, for a variety of reasons or conditions, have to take great care about the food they eat, in order to avoid exacerbating some medical condition. This places a seriousness, rather than a complacency upon the everyday activity of eating and drinking.

There's a line in the New Testament where Jesus, being asked about which food it was permissible to eat, replied "it is not what goes into the mouth which defiles a man, but what comes out of it" (or something like that). In other words, the words, and the thoughts which are behind them are far more serious than what we eat.

(I'm not part of any religious sect, I don't say this in support of any particular religion).

Some people, for a variety of reasons or conditions, have to take great care about the food they eat, in order to avoid exacerbating some medical condition. This places a seriousness, rather than a complacency upon the everyday activity of eating and drinking.

There's a line in the New Testament where Jesus, being asked about which food it was permissible to eat, replied "it is not what goes into the mouth which defiles a man, but what comes out of it" (or something like that). In other words, the words, and the thoughts which are behind them are far more serious than what we eat.

(I'm not part of any religious sect, I don't say this in support of any particular religion).

Sure, I agree with that, I think the idea is typically used in a more far reaching way though. As an example we recently had the Medium Suzanne Giesemann say something along the lines of refusing to think about the darker aspects of reality because this would somehow empower it. Bashar says something along these lines too iirc. I find this to be irresponsible, its the kind of attitude you'd expect from a landlord whose tennants are running an underground dog fighting ring on their property, not the guides of a new age of spiritual liberation. If I am misunderstanding them I'd love to be corrected, I'm a bit of a cynic so I prefer to be wrong, it makes my worldview a little brighter.

Once again, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” Edmund Burke
@LetsEat

BTW, seriously off topic but...#whereisassange?

I think he's still in the Embassy, it's clear to me that there are a lot of lies being spread to encourage distrust of WL as an organization. Here's a list of some of them, they primarily rely on peoples ignorance of WL standard operating procedure, many of the people buying into this I think are people who didn't follow Assange until Infowars hyped up an imaginary leak on Hillary
>He hasn't been seen since the supposed Embassy raid (he had an interview on RT a couple weeks later, and another press interview with no video)
>There was a tone change in the WL twitter account (WL has always had snarky comments)
>WL has been compromised so we should stop donating to them (cui bono)
>We should boycott WL until they show Assange (cui bono again)
>WL was compromised, thats why they stopped the podesta leaks early (they didn't actually stop the leaks early, they ended on election day, Assange said approx 50k+ emails would be leaked, around 58k were leaked)

Now if WL was actually compromised I would expect that they would 1) stop leaking information. 2) The various leakers from within the US government would be arrested. 3) There would be evidence to indict WL fabricated from within WL compromised channels.

They didn't stop the leaks, the Government has no proof the leakers are Russian and you can sure bet they would be parading these people around like trophies were WL actually compromised to hammer in the Russian election fraud narrative and finally no one in WL has been arrested.

Who benefits the most from all these lies?

As an aside, I am not an authority on WL, I'm not part of the team, nor do I follow them religiously.

After seeing how many different efforts have been undertaken to delegitimize the election results, I realize it was naive to think the election would would be a turning point. Delegitimization efforts include: vote recounts, attempts to subvert the electoral college, blaming FBI Director Comey, rioting, as well as claims of fake news, election computer system hacking, the popular vote victory, appeals to white supremacy, "whitelash", and Russian hacking of DNC computers.

The illusion weavers are just as active as before the election. They will bide their time, spinning illusions, waiting to get back in office.

Many people agree that there is a conspiracy somewhere, but they all have their own view of what it is. The many conspiracy theories are like candy falling from a piniata with everyone chasing a different prize. It prevents us from working together against the real problem. Until the people realize we are being deceived, nothing will change. The solution is not going to come from politicians or the media. It will come when people realize the politicians and the media are the source of the problem, the source of the illusions that divide us. Nothing will change until we realize the people in the other party aren't evil or stupid, until we all throw off the yoke of illusion. That is the matrix we need to wake up from, the lie that divides us.

Last edited:
Sure, I agree with that, I think the idea is typically used in a more far reaching way though. As an example we recently had the Medium Suzanne Giesemann say something along the lines of refusing to think about the darker aspects of reality because this would somehow empower it. Bashar says something along these lines too iirc. I find this to be irresponsible, its the kind of attitude you'd expect from a landlord whose tennants are running an underground dog fighting ring on their property, not the guides of a new age of spiritual liberation. If I am misunderstanding them I'd love to be corrected, I'm a bit of a cynic so I prefer to be wrong, it makes my worldview a little brighter.

Once again, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” Edmund Burke

I think he's still in the Embassy, it's clear to me that there are a lot of lies being spread to encourage distrust of WL as an organization. Here's a list of some of them, they primarily rely on peoples ignorance of WL standard operating procedure, many of the people buying into this I think are people who didn't follow Assange until Infowars hyped up an imaginary leak on Hillary
>He hasn't been seen since the supposed Embassy raid (he had an interview on RT a couple weeks later, and another press interview with no video)
>There was a tone change in the WL twitter account (WL has always had snarky comments)
>WL has been compromised so we should stop donating to them (cui bono)
>We should boycott WL until they show Assange (cui bono again)
>WL was compromised, thats why they stopped the podesta leaks early (they didn't actually stop the leaks early, they ended on election day, Assange said approx 50k+ emails would be leaked, around 58k were leaked)

Now if WL was actually compromised I would expect that they would 1) stop leaking information. 2) The various leakers from within the US government would be arrested. 3) There would be evidence to indict WL fabricated from within WL compromised channels.

They didn't stop the leaks, the Government has no proof the leakers are Russian and you can sure bet they would be parading these people around like trophies were WL actually compromised to hammer in the Russian election fraud narrative and finally no one in WL has been arrested.

Who benefits the most from all these lies?

As an aside, I am not an authority on WL, I'm not part of the team, nor do I follow them religiously.
Sorry all, I don't mean to hijack the thread.

I agree with most of what you have to say about Assange. I think it's beyond premature to suggest he has been captured or is dead. OTOH, I put absolutely nothing past the shadow state. I just read today some Anons idea of what could be up with Assange, and it sounds pretty plausible:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WhereIsAssange/comments/5i4f45/i_believe_he_is_alive/

I don't follow them religiously and I'll admit, I'm one of those that really started paying attention when the election business really started heating up this year. I do hope he's ok.

It is interesting though, the many diversions at play here. TPTB really, really wanted to silence him. You don't spend millions posting guards outside to catch a guy for date rape. Since when has any state cared that much?

But yeah, you've got groups out there trying to hack the blockchain for the DMS they think might be hidden within it, infighting among Wikileaks followers, with subreddits being shut down left and right over "concern trolling", everyone calling everyone else "shills" or CTR, and people on Twitter claiming to be one of the Wikileaks cofounders, saying Assange is captured and Wikileaks is compromised.

Strange times, my man. Strange times.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:
Sure, I agree with that, I think the idea is typically used in a more far reaching way though. As an example we recently had the Medium Suzanne Giesemann say something along the lines of refusing to think about the darker aspects of reality because this would somehow empower it.
I've already expressed my discomfort with the way this interview was conducted. I don't think anything Suzanne Giesemann said on the matter should be taken as representing her core beliefs, or the main field of her expertise.

Imagine that the interviewee was a restaurant reviewer, an expert in gourmet food and gastronomic excellence. Then the interviewer starts discussing eating establishments where the tables are dirty, the staff slovenly, the food rather disgusting. The interviewee might not unreasonably say, "well I don't go to those sorts of restaurants". The interviewer persists, asking more or less the same question several times, hoping to provoke his target into some sort of a response. Should we really go around quoting those replies as representing a fair picture of what the person stands for? The whole thing was a farce.

As for the real question about what are the consequences of our thoughts and their impact. I don't hesitate to repeat something I've said multiple times in various posts on these forums. Our thoughts have creative power. Through our minds we create.

Now as an individual, one does not change the whole world. There are things which require the collective force of many.

I've already expressed my discomfort with the way this interview was conducted. I don't think anything Suzanne Giesemann said on the matter should be taken as representing her core beliefs, or the main field of her expertise.

Imagine that the interviewee was a restaurant reviewer, an expert in gourmet food and gastronomic excellence. Then the interviewer starts discussing eating establishments where the tables are dirty, the staff slovenly, the food rather disgusting. The interviewee might not unreasonably say, "well I don't go to those sorts of restaurants". The interviewer persists, asking more or less the same question several times, hoping to provoke his target into some sort of a response. Should we really go around quoting those replies as representing a fair picture of what the person stands for? The whole thing was a farce.

As for the real question about what are the consequences of our thoughts and their impact. I don't hesitate to repeat something I've said multiple times in various posts on these forums. Our thoughts have creative power. Through our minds we create.

Now as an individual, one does not change the whole world. There are things which require the collective force of many.

I think you are right, the interview could have gone a lot better, I also would have liked to learn more about the subject. Maybe we could do some community questions, Pre-announce the interviews and then have people write up the questions they would like to have answered. It's up to Alex though, I don't know what kind of process he prefers skeptiko to be.

I just can't see how you can say that using that argument Typoz.

You're totally ignoring the fact that the restaurant reviewer in question would be so proud of dirty restaurants that she has pictures of them on her website and uses her association with them to somehow promote herself.

If the interviewer is to give an honest interview he is surely bound to ask about her strange fixation with dirty restaurants.

It seems to me that Suzanne both wants her cake and eats it too.

Imagine that the interviewee was a restaurant reviewer, an expert in gourmet food and gastronomic excellence. Then the interviewer starts discussing eating establishments where the tables are dirty, the staff slovenly, the food rather disgusting. The interviewee might not unreasonably say, "well I don't go to those sorts of restaurants". The interviewer persists, asking more or less the same question several times, hoping to provoke his target into some sort of a response.

I think there's a problem with your analogy, Typoz: one chooses which restaurant one eats at, but one doesn't (necessarily) choose which spirits contact one during a reading. I think a better analogy would be dreaming: can one avoid nightmares and have dreams of love and light simply by focussing away from the nightmarish? So far, Suzanne hasn't had any "nightmares", and so it's fair enough for her to say, in effect, "I know that other people have bad dreams, but I don't, so I have no comment on them", just as it's fair game for Alex to have pushed the question in the first place: "Given that nightmares exist, what does this say about the nature of our reality?"

I "coincidentally" came across this old podcast which I liked a lot, and that I am sure other "real" :-) Gnostics (as correctly defined by the author interviewed here - listen to the whole show to hear what he had to say about this) here on Skeptiko will enjoy, too.

It provides a very healthy counterbalance to the opinions expressed at the end of the IANDS video (posted in this same thread, #217).
I recommend the whole podcast, including Miguel's intro (I love that guy :-)) but if you don't have a lot of time just listen to 5 minutes or so starting from 32:14.

Obviously, the undeniable fact that not all is "love and light" does not mean that all is "horror and darkness". But the horror and darkness need explaining - denying them or not looking at them will simply not do. It's intellectually dishonest to say the least.

This 100%. There doesn't as of yet seem to be any definitive answers. But I cannot put the curtain back in place and pretend that there's nothing behind it.

It's kind of like conspiracy theories. There's enough evidence, often times, to absolutely be able to determine that the mainstream narrative is not true, or at the very least, not the full truth. Take Pizzagate as an example. Looking at all the "evidence" and following it closely for new developments, you cannot simply shrug it off and say, nah, nothing there. But it's certainly far from definitive. Then you factor in the "fake news"/blame Russia/EC shenanigans, and the high strangeness factor increases exponentially.

I don't think any of us can go back to our pre-2016 worldview. I think this was a pivotal year for politics. I think a lot of people have had a worldview change almost forced upon them. Is this the great awakening people have been predicting? Or will some strange new normal of extreme complacency fall into place?

I was just telling my daughter this morning how Christmas 2016 feels a lot like Christmas 2001. It was just after 9-11, when the world knew something fundamental had shifted. I get that same feeling. Something fundamental has, or is, shifting. I think we are at a crossroads as a country. The next few months, maybe even only weeks, may determine our path in very fundamental ways.

Sorry for the tangent. But it's as you say, once you open up Pandora's box, there is no going back. The question is, where does forward lead?
totally agree. have a new episode related to this. will post later today.

I "coincidentally" came across this old podcast which I liked a lot, and that I am sure other "real" :) Gnostics (as correctly defined by the author interviewed here - listen to the whole show to hear what he had to say about this) here on Skeptiko will enjoy, too.

It provides a very healthy counterbalance to the opinions expressed at the end of the IANDS video (posted in this same thread, #217).
I recommend the whole podcast, including Miguel's intro (I love that guy :)) but if you don't have a lot of time just listen to 5 minutes or so starting from 32:14.

Obviously, the undeniable fact that not all is "love and light" does not mean that all is "horror and darkness". But the horror and darkness need explaining - denying them or not looking at them will simply not do. It's intellectually dishonest to say the least.
thx for this. excellent. I just interviewed Miguel about his new book. I love bringing a Gnostic sensibility to this stuff, but why do these guys go overboard looking for some kind of literal interpretation of Gnostic myths? I thought the first Matrix movie we pretty good, but I'm not convinced the computers they were using could create Neo's VR :)

Back