Thank you

jerbear_13

We behold what we are, and we are what we behold
I felt compelled tonight to reach out to the Skeptico community and Alex to say thank you. I mentioned in an earlier post that I used to be part of the naturalist and secular movement. The New Atheists or rather, non-theists. I suffered what some might call an Ego Death or just a loss of identity in November of 2017 that really challenged my thoughts and knowledge of the world, life, the universe, etc. This site was and is a key element in helping me understand what’s happening in my thought shift. Perhaps the biggest issue for me was trying to find intelligent and thoughtful people who are not of the naturalist school of thought. There is some preconception in societyright now that if you aren’t an Atheist, you’re an idiot.This is really deeply rooted into me but finding a community of people who are intelligent has helped me understand that intelligence isn’t defined by your belief in the natural world or lack there of. It’s hard to explain this through text but thank you all for opening my eyes to a larger reality where intelligent people exist. I’ve felt so lost trying to find somewhere that I feel belonging to. I could go on for hours but I’ll cut it short and just say: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

.... Perhaps the biggest issue for me was trying to find intelligent and thoughtful people who are not of the naturalist school of thought. There is some preconception in society right now that if you aren't an Atheist, you're an idiot.This is really deeply rooted into me but finding a community of people who are intelligent has helped me understand that intelligence isn't defined by your belief in the natural world or lack there of.

A big part of this aspect of the forum has to do with the moderation policy and the work of moderation. I would like to thank them for that.

I empathize. For 20 years I was a Hard-Kore F.U. Atheist who hated "religious people" for screwing up our world.

Then I accidentally ran across Scott Onstott and Randall Carlson's work explaining Sacred Geometry.

I set about to debunk it, and ...Whoa. :)

I took a quick look at the links. I don't see off hand how they connect geometry to anything paranormal. Can you give a specific link where that aspect is explained, or spell it out for me? Thanks

I took a quick look at the links. I don't see off hand how they connect geometry to anything paranormal. Can you give a specific link where that aspect is explained, or spell it out for me? Thanks
Id like to see it as well. Particularly if its intriguing enough to convince an atheist to move towards spirituality.

Back