The Ripple Effect Podcast (Alex Tsakiris | Debating Science, Spirituality, & Skepticism)

Alex

Administrator
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/rvtheory6/episodes/2021-10-10T09_24_35-07_00

640x640_15760547.png

icon-play-large-ad7a72d6767c92bbfda1928660931665c237ab7cfde1420e2147080133605609.png

The Ripple Effect Podcast (Alex Tsakiris | Debating Science, Spirituality, & Skepticism)
by The Ripple Effect Podcast
time-length-icon-603062f0a311061a1bbeb53c7d58b5a32b6fdc5aa5ad4610ad999c0dbaa99d06.png
2h 23m
icon-like-dc95726fe260df3e42e03f2ccedef32e3804f8eb97461527c3f72f07bd9ea03a.png
publish-date-icon-367ad23957509bcf569445d63389a05b0692aeac4b47d631b4bbc0b869895c73.png
October 10
icon-heart-ffce33829bd67dae6c8b75f52f333a34e733d1c5a32e322739eed2d9ade3ae94.png

icon-share-mini-c7aef15722d0099b0c2e2a38612d23784cd6152757640dd4c212538401a76560.png

icon-add-to-playlist-9f4e8ea29f90207b40c6bc69d1213d09cbf9151d4b8832f82da35d8445e8480d.png
Add to Playlist

icon-download-mini-12622a9472cfbfbc4b5152b63736609989d0940bde87c4afc082c23cdded97bd.png
Download Episode

Right now finishing listening to you and Ricky on Ripple Effect discuss FE and Tom Cowan.
You are over the target.
There's no debating your conviction of insisting that the bar stay/maintain at the level of actual science.

Re: Litmus tests,
1.75 years and probably multi-trillion $ into this virus, to refute Tom Cowan you gave only a single example of a notable/published scientist who is on record isolating the virus. ONE.
Now if we compare this to the FE issue, you Must recognize the peculiar contrast between:
(not posing a FE argument here, just an example anomaly)
1. 2021, if you Google: "earth from space". How many results are raw/no-CGI photos?
Point: Google's first 1000's results should be un-doctored, but they're not.
2. One single scientist on record of isolating the most world renown virus of all human history?
Point: Any virologist should be able to ELI5, without condescending, "why" the isolation of the virus isn't a critical component, let alone "why" said knowledge/experience isn't a litmus test. If you haven't seen the virus yourself, basic human sense would insist you be capable of ELI5ing why it's not necessary.
You don't get to not ELI5 the public on issues of this magnitude.

Re: Planting the Flag,
Who does the truther community currently have walking/guiding FE'ers back to science?
Shouldn't that be an entry level job? But Neil DeGrasse Tyson couldn't achieve it. THAT should be the no-brainer..
Parody:
4yo Scientist Jr.: "Dada, show me how we know da Earth is round."
Scientist Dad: "Junior, just trust me on this one and we'll dig into it later when you're in 5th or 6th grade."
YA RIGHT!!!!! Like that would EVER go that way...
In reality, Scientist Dad would respond: "HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?"

My Premise: You're arguing whether or not FE is a 1-a psyop and 2. worth discussing.
My Point: That's not the argument. The argument is: What is it about FE that is currently winning at dividing the Truther Community and how do we overcome it?
I believe it's safe to assume that the magnitude of the psyop an indicator of the magnitude of the potential it's intended to subvert.

I truly believe you're right that it's not about agreeing to disagree, but I have a passionate hunch that it also doesn't have to be about lowering the bar or wasting expertise.

Imagine if Pharma had on their side the same consensus against the vax-hesitent as Science has against FE'ers.. The military would be administering the injections to the detractors by force.

If you want to go deep.... How long ago did they start ramping up the current "anti-vax" psyop? 2007?
What was the purpose of ramping up the FE psyop? And what's it subverting?

Joe Rogan - For all you people that have bought into this flat ...
https://www.facebook.com › JOEROGAN › photos › fo...

Mar 27, 2017 — It takes full earth images in high resolution from 22,000 miles above the earth every 10 minutes. Just the fact that this exists and yet all ...

==

A New and Stunning Way to See the Whole Earth - The Atlantic
https://www.theatlantic.com › archive › 2016/01 › glitte...

Jan 26, 2016 — The Japanese weather satellite Himawari-8 sits 22,000 miles from Earth in orbit. On August 5, 2015, it peered down at the half of Earth that ...

Joe Rogan - For all you people that have bought into this flat ...
https://www.facebook.com › JOEROGAN › photos › fo...

Mar 27, 2017 — It takes full earth images in high resolution from 22,000 miles above the earth every 10 minutes. Just the fact that this exists and yet all ...

==

A New and Stunning Way to See the Whole Earth - The Atlantic
https://www.theatlantic.com › archive › 2016/01 › glitte...

Jan 26, 2016 — The Japanese weather satellite Himawari-8 sits 22,000 miles from Earth in orbit. On August 5, 2015, it peered down at the half of Earth that ...
The comments section of Rogan's FB post are worth a read. Scary and entertaining at the same time.

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
I am %99.9999ish sure the earth round just like everything else we see in the sky and space..
As of today. I would refer to myself Globe Evidence Anomaly Enthusiast. Meaning I have a very high appreciation for the non-scientist amateurs who invest time and creativity into picking apart and scrutinizing the anomolies:
-Moon Landing footage
-Overuse of fisheye lens
-Movie set faux-spacestation videos
-Water appearing flat at distances far in excess of where visible curvature should be expected.
-etc
My enthusiasm on these subjects is tied to a feeling that: If these were thoroughly explored, the digging would expose a lot of fakery, deception, and fraud.
A great example to compare (which was mentioned in the episode) is JFK assassination.. or 9-11.. Both of which are history. Granted a lot of the 9-11 effects are still on going and could be reversible if certain things were resolved.
Point being, at a bare minimum, we the public are probably owed billions of $'s from NASA on providing fake footage, the production of which the public would never vote for. The difference between this an JFK or 9-11 is that NASA is currently and continuously publishing fake stuff.. The timing here being perfect since the public was just recently showed the first clear-as-day imagery of the currently US president recording from a fake White House movie set..
I think deep down, probably most FE-ers are at least %98 sure the earth is round, but to them this %2 is tangible and worth the fight, and I think (like myself) they believe there's a significant amount of worthwhile information waiting be revealed regardless whether they are ultimately convinced of being right or wrong in their assumptions.

Regarding the Japanese satellite imagery, this is enough to keep me satisfied, but I know the FE'ers would point out that we see better CGI in medium budget Hollywood film. But, even if Straight-UP satellite images aren't enough for them, I still believe their cause is genuine and valid, all annoyances considered.

Edit:
Not to mention, being 2021, with the world on the verge for accepting or denying the onset of a one-world-government / psychopath new world order.. If FE is a psyop, then how extremely valuable would it be at this moment, for us to destroy the psyop and create whatever vacuum would be the result?

Last edited:

Some really great rants in this one. I do however have to say that while peer review isn't a bad idea, and credentials can be an indicator of expertise, neither of those means that the content in question is true or even reasonable. A person doesn't need a university education in order to verify that the Earth is a sphere. If truth is the aim, then it stands apart from arguments from authority.

At best, arguments from authority are only useful for specific cases where there is no question about them being beneficial e.g. If you're getting brain surgery done, you are going to want a certified brain surgeon doing the job. However anyone with a modicum of intelligence and critical thinking can assess intellectual arguments and identify weaknesses.

Here's an article you might find interesting:

Military leaders saw pandemic as unique opportunity to test propaganda techniques on Canadians, Forces report says ...

https://nationalpost.com/news/natio...da-techniques-on-canadians-forces-report-says

Last edited:
Regarding the Japanese satellite imagery, this is enough to keep me satisfied, but I know the FE'ers would point out that we see better CGI in medium budget Hollywood film. But, even if Straight-UP satellite images aren't enough for them, I still believe their cause is genuine and valid, all annoyances considered.
Regarding the CGI the tricky part is that you can cross correlate satellite imagery with other day sources... weather measurement... buoys... it all other sorts of stuff... so it's some point you just have to give up and say FE is totally wacky.

Not to mention, being 2021, with the world on the verge for accepting or denying the onset of a one-world-government / psychopath new world order..

agreed... This is the part that makes it really hard... but it's the part we have to push through imo

Regarding the CGI the tricky part is that you can cross correlate satellite imagery with other day sources... weather measurement... buoys... it all other sorts of stuff... so it's some point you just have to give up and say FE is totally wacky.
agreed... This is the part that makes it really hard... but it's the part we have to push through imo

Along the lines of the %-of-surety question you posed to Ricky,
Here's A Trick Question:
What % would you assign to the chance that we live in a simulation?

By "simulation", I mean a machine-generated reality, in the same way Grand Theft Auto is machine-generated, minus consciousness, of course.

Note: IF our existence were a simulation, I would assume it's multi-player because everyone else in my experience seems like they are just as alive and real as I feel like I am.
Here's an example of a single-player simulation generating machine.

"Why science is wrong about almost everything [except flat earth and viruses]." - Alex

First let me dogma bow: "I believe the earth to be round, in space. I teach my children the same thing. I am not a troll." That said, IF concerted collective will can change reality, what is the limit? And if we could change reality, might an infinite flat plane be preferable? (blasphemy? or no?) "Make Earth Flat Again!" Who is with me?

If consciousness is bedrock, NOT PHYSICS, why be so hung up on flat earth Alex? Dimensional-bubbles/simulation could reconcile both disparate views. Still waiting on science to condescend to address why lasers appear to be able to be seen much farther than they should.

Alex, flat earth is what happens when people start realizing how many lies they have been told. Be compassionate.

Last edited:
"Why science is wrong about almost everything [except flat earth and viruses]." - Alex

First let me dogma bow: "I believe the earth to be round, in space. I teach my children the same thing. I am not a troll." That said, IF concerted collective will can change reality, what is the limit? And if we could change reality, might a infinite flat plane be preferable? (blasphemy? or no?) "Make Earth Flat Again!" Who is with me?

If consciousness is bedrock, NOT PHYSICS, why be so hung up on flat earth Alex? Dimensional-bubbles/simulation could reconcile both disparate views. Still waiting on science to condescend to address why lasers appear to be able to be seen much farther than they should.

Alex, flat earth is what happens when people start realizing how many lies they have been told. Be compassionate.

sure. I mean it sounds like you've listened to the conversation with riz virk... so yeah, on one level all bets are off... and above that we have the spiritual level we're clearly all bets are off... or on depending how you look at it :)

but let's get real that's not how people are processing flat earth. the bracketed reality that we call "science" is useful only if we stay within the science simulation while we're playing that game :) satellite images of earth updated every 10 seconds can't be dismissed by the wave of the flat-earthers hand any more than big lie mask science can.

so yeah, on one level all bets are off... the bracketed reality that we call "science" is useful only if we stay within the science simulation while we're playing that game :) satellite images of earth updated every 10 seconds can't be dismissed by the wave of the flat-earthers hand any more than big lie mask science can.
Its not a psyop. When someone converts to flatearth they become:
  • less trusting of weloveyou.gov / MSM / ScIeNcE
  • more trusting in god
  • more awed at a magical universe
  • more independent
Seems like a bad deal for the spooks, with the exception of just being divisive trolls. To flatearthers himawari8 satellite is "just another [cgi] lie". You have to hand it to them, if JFK, FEDreserve, 911, butter-is-bad, climate-hysteria and now covid can be shoved down their throats in a coordinated worldwide campaign ... whats a few satellites to dismiss.

You do realize that holding the thoughts "We make our reality" and "Trust Bill Nye" in your head at the same time is sort of schizophrenic. Do I need counseling?

You do realize that holding the thoughts "We make our reality" and "Trust Bill Nye" in your head at the same time is sort of schizophrenic. Do I need counseling?

agreed... but kind of spiritual in a transcendent way :)

Back