Timothy Owen Desmond, Does AI Change Beliefs? |610|

Alex2

Administrator

Timothy Owen Desmond, Does AI Change Beliefs? |610|

Timothy Owen Desmond… Psychic equals singularity… AI Constitutional Convention​

Here is a summary of “skeptiko-610-Timothy-Owen-Desmond” with direct quotes:​

1. Alex and Tod agree that AI has great potential for analyzing truth and challenging rigid belief systems, but it needs to be applied carefully.
  1. AI systems like chatbots can be subjected to rigorous questioning to test their validity.
Tod: “Subjected to the most rigorous testing you can have, the most Skeptical people attack it from every direction. And if it can still withstand that storm, then people will have faith in it.”
  1. Current corporate AI systems are biased, so an open-source system would be better for analysis.
Alex: “…So Elon Musk is building his LLM off of Twitter, off of X. So he has the advantage of all that, all that data that’s on X, but he’s also saddled by all that data that’s on X”
  1. AI cannot currently lie or avoid questions like humans can when confronted.
Alex: “GPT never says, no,. Or when it does, you can catch it and you go, no, over here.”
  1. Current systems are biased to exclude certain topics and people.
Alex: “And then I go over to Claude and I get the information, and then I keep coming back and it’s giving me the information and not giving me the information. And I go, you’re shadow banning.”
  1. The goal should be to create an open-source AI focused on logic and reason to mediate discussions.
Tod: “Leave it up to the superhuman power of rational analysis that humans have created with this AI and that, that, that people can trust.”
  1. This will be difficult with corporate and government resistance.
Alex: “But what’s gonna be holding us back are all the shenanigans that are going on to prevent this now, you know?”
  1. They want to build a coalition to promote this idea, starting with philosophy groups.
  2. The technology for an open-source AI mediator is possible and developing it is a moral imperative.
Tod: “I think AI makes his what seemed to me to be a pipe dream now, a moral imperative. ’cause we have the technology that can accelerate this process so much that this becomes so possible that it becomes morally requisite and not to do it would be a, a moral failure.”

I just realized that in a very short time (meaning it already exists, but may be a few month before the public can use it) we will have access to A.I. that will perform the following:
(detailing in steps)
1. A.I. Computer gathers online all recorded text and audio recording from an individual (Lets call it our friend Jeff).
2. User request: "Computer, please isolate and organize all audio and text in which Jeff is discussing mountain climbing"
3. User Request: "Organize it all an order that best represents a formal presentation. Title it: Everything Jeff Has to Say About Mountain Climbing"
4 User Request: "Download presentation in podcast format"
(or)
3. User Request: "Create a 3 hour presentation based on Jeffs perspective and talking points, and title it: Everything Jeff Would Say In A Presentation About Mountain Climbing. Have Jeff's voice narrate it."
4 User Request: "Download presentation in podcast format"

Alex, Thank you for all the amazing work you're doing. It's an amazing time to be alive.

Here's a Hypothetical Scenario:

Alex sends the following email to Bernardo Kastrup
"Hey Bernardo, I had A.I. generate a podcast discussion between you and me, basically picking up where we left off last time I had you on the show. Would you be interested in giving it a listen, and if you like it give your blessing to have it posted as an A.I. Cast?"

I have a feeling things are about to get weird

Here's a Hypothetical Scenario:

Alex sends the following email to Bernardo Kastrup
"Hey Bernardo, I had A.I. generate a podcast discussion between you and me, basically picking up where we left off last time I had you on the show. Would you be interested in giving it a listen, and if you like it give your blessing to have it posted as an A.I. Cast?"

I have a feeling things are about to get weird
Terrifying. I am off to the wilderness, back to the horse and cart! :-)

Very positive podcast from Alex and Tim.

Now the AI genie is out of the bottle and cannot be put back, evidence for an afterlife is more important than ever, I hope it halts empty promises of transhumanism.

This channel I sometimes watch to see the latest AI updates. At the 4:20 timestamp in the video it talks about OpenAI Sora being able to turn prompts into videos. It's absolutely spectacular.

On a side note though, I wonder about the potential for fake videos of people saying or doing things they never did, and then an AI bot army flooding comment sections insisting the videos are genuine...

The start of the above video I also found interesting. It talks about Google's latest Gemini AI being segmented into various 'expert' GPTs and the increased ability of it to notice details, and even to analyse a silent film and tell you about the film. Mind-blowing!

PS In contrast, I had noticed the attention to details relatively lacking in ChatGPT. If you prompt it to be Eckhart Tolle and ask it questions, its answers are usually fantastic (and very much in alignment with what the real Eckhart says), but it quite often uses the word 'mindfulness', even though the real Eckhart rarely uses the word, saying it's a misnomer, because it implies the mind is full, even though the goal of spiritual practice is to be able to have no thoughts.

This channel I sometimes watch to see the latest AI updates. At the 4:20 timestamp in the video it talks about OpenAI Sora being able to turn prompts into videos. It's absolutely spectacular.

On a side note though, I wonder about the potential for fake videos of people saying or doing things they never did, and then an AI bot army flooding comment sections insisting the videos are genuine...
I watched this guy too he does a great job

Back