Vincent Tolman, NDE Lessons |591|

Alex

Administrator
Vincent Tolman, NDE Lessons |591|
by Alex Tsakiris | Apr 18 | Near-Death Experience
Tweet
Vinney Tolman… dead for 1 hour… near-death experience lessons… be authentic… understand your purpose… love.
skeptiko-591-Vincent-Tolman-1-300x300.jpg

=====

thx to Buzz for connecting me with Vinney!

Last edited:
And I think I've finally reached level 3 where Alex is at with the issue of "Conspiratainment".
I think I can put my finger on it by separating two categories:
1. The Experiencer
2. The Performer
For differentiation, I think a determinative question would be:
To what degree does the reporting inspire further inquiry? (like steer-toward as opposed to steer-away-from further inquiry)
Skeptiko has a masterful way of placing a person in a position to demonstrate their relation-to/comfortability-with the idea of further inquiry into their subject, or inquiry into their position on the subject.
For instance, when a person has finished reporting a particular section of their story and Alex jumps in and says "before we move past that...." and you can hear the person's disappointment in their self. And it's not a disappointment in the objection or the pause of their report. Rather, it's disappointment that their performance wasn't sufficient to carry the listener toward the next section of their story.
I'm not saying this "performance" factor indicates false information. But I think i could call legitimately call it misleading insomuch as the person postures themselves as an Experiencer, rather than a Performer.

For the record, I enjoyed the episode. I had also already recently heard and enjoyed Vincent on the Grimerica Podcast. However, both times I had the same feeling, that he seems like he's telling the truth on the up and up, but something is off. And not necessarily off in a fabrication way. But off in a too much performance and not enough opening-up way. Like as in a hint of gate-keepery - and just barely enough to pull down about 100milisecond lag on my benefit-of-the-doubt-o-meter.
Overall, I believe he's reporting a true story, and a sounds like a good person on the good team.

Last edited:
Regarding: “does God need our help?”

I think we conflate THE God with “lesser” entities that are higher up the hierarchy which might appear to us to be “god”… I think he even mentioned in his NDE account that one of his guides he would have mistaken for God had the experience been cut shorter.

I think “The God” is the singularity at the core of existence that doesn’t need or want our help and is the ultimate paradox of undifferentiated unity about which we can’t even speak because to do so would immediately lead to contradiction (see? I'm speaking about it...). It’s not that we cannot access this peak God - we can at anytime by various spiritual practices that everyone talks about aplenty. It is just that this Peak God being fully self sufficient cannot act speak perform. To do so would break unity and become something “lesser” and lacking resulting in motivation to act or speak.

So any entity offering or needing our help would by definition be a “lesser” manifestation of The God that is driven to action by some desire or requirement that is unfulfilled… just as we ourselves are such a “lesser” manifestation of The God.

So then should we focus our petitioning efforts in prayer or whatnot on some entity or entities or guides or angels that are more powerful than us and higher up the hierarchy than us and relative to us appear as god but with the explicit knowledge that any help we receive will be from an entity that is not “The God”?

Last edited:
I'm not saying this "performance" factor indicates false information. But I think i could call legitimately call it misleading insomuch as the person postures themselves as an Experiencer, rather than a Performer.
nice insight... I agree... and I get it on a personal level. I think there are lots and lots of times when my performer voice/persona takes over more than I would like. we all have a need to people please.

I got the feeling that Vinney is honestly/authentically trying to keep the performer in check [[p]]

Overall, I believe he's reporting a true story, and a sounds like a good person on the good team.

100%

30:00 timestamp:
Tolman says there must have been chemicals moving around in his brain while he was dead for an hour. Before that he says science is converging to a concensus. Later he says he's all about the science. Then he admits he's a Christian: "that's just who I am"...

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the interview. Tolman seems likable, but his views on things come across as untethered and wishy washy.

Some very nice aspects along the way, such as the "hour of power" and "who can I help today" question

I think we conflate THE God with “lesser” entities that are higher up the hierarchy which might appear to us to be “god”… I think he even mentioned in his NDE account that one of his guides he would have mistaken for God had the experience been cut shorter.

Yes, that's a crucial point. Considering he admits he might have been mistaken already once in the NDE about what/who 'God' is, what makes him so sure there is a Creator, especially that it's a genocidal, jealous entity as described in the Bible.

And that's not even getting past the possibility that the NDE extended consciousness realm might be subject to at least partial manipulation by more powerful beings who seem to have a fascination with trickery, genetics and religion...

I want to emphasize that I think Vincent is genuine. I was mainly using this for a springboard to touch on conspiratainment. I suppose the same category applies for Spiritainment or Sciencetainment.

On the same subject of Inspiring Deeper Inquiry, I want to propose another tool idea:
The Admit-I-Was-Duped factor.
How willing is a person to admit they were duped by ideas like:
-“We’re the good guys”
-Scientists are bound to the scientific method
-We can’t get foot “back” on the moon 50 years later
-Weapons of mass destruction.
But the kicker is Can we grow from it and move forward knowing there are probably many other things we’re currently duped about that we have yet to discover.
I think (and I’ve been arguing for some time) that a massively important skill for the upcoming era for those who believe in freedom will be the ability to build bridges across lines of even the most fundamental ideological understandings.

For example (and I’ve brought this up multiple times). What if it turns out we live in a simulation where all the various lines of understanding are simultaneously actual? Like the Earth is actually Round in a universe teaming with galaxies for one person While it’s simultaneously also actually a flat plane within a magnetoShpere for another person. Or, where all opposing religions are simultaneously true.
As our understanding of the vastness of infinite possibility grows, this becomes a less and less difficult concept to overlay upon our reality. Especially after seeing how ridiculously mundane and simple minded some of our old hero’s have shown themselves to be over the “pandemic”… not that it’s their fault, but more likely our fault for the pedestal we placed them upon.

Regarding: “does God need our help?”

I think “The God” is the singularity at the core of existence that doesn’t need or want our help and is the ultimate paradox of undifferentiated unity about which we can’t even speak because to do so would immediately lead to contradiction (see? I'm speaking about it...). It’s not that we cannot access this peak God - we can at anytime by various spiritual practices that everyone talks about aplenty. It is just that this Peak God being fully self sufficient cannot act speak perform. To do so would break unity and become something “lesser” and lacking resulting in motivation to act or speak.

So any entity offering or needing our help would by definition be a “lesser” manifestation of The God that is driven to action by some desire or requirement that is unfulfilled… just as we ourselves are such a “lesser” manifestation of The God.

So then should we focus our petitioning efforts in prayer or whatnot on some entity or entities or guides or angels that are more powerful than us and higher up the hierarchy than us and relative to us appear as god but with the explicit knowledge that any help we receive will be from an entity that is not “The God”?
Just before falling asleep last night (lights out, laying down thinking) I had tiny flash in my mind like a single blink of a star that seemed to communicate a vast amount of spiritual/higher information within that blink of a moment. I sat and fought to try to define, imagine, contain, reconnect, etc but there was nothing I could do to reconnect or to bring it into my mind.. It was like I the only thing i was able to retain was the an understanding of the magnitude of it juxtaposed against my perception of it as brief and tiny. It was like if up in the sky one of the stars was a pin-pricked hole in the veil and i was able to so-briefly see through from that far a distance. Totally rings for me the same type of vibe as what you wrote here.

I liked him but -
He seem stuck between - this is my story and I dont need to prove it to you - but then offering corroberation from anonymous sources to bolster the veracity of his account.

There is a good canon of research to validate NDEs, so I don't need to be factually convinced by his story.

If he wants to prove his account then he should name them - (after consulting with his publishers legal team etc etc ) He is publishing his story, so he is a legitimate target of scrutiny and rightly challenged by Alex on that.

I do find his positivity and tips for living useful. but with a grain of salt because he is selling a book !
A NDE with a tidy 10 lessons to take from it. Maybe the higher power likes to do things in 10s? or maybe its popular with writing partners.

I liked him but -
He seem stuck between - this is my story and I dont need to prove it to you - but then offering corroberation from anonymous sources to bolster the veracity of his account.

There is a good canon of research to validate NDEs, so I don't need to be factually convinced by his story.

If he wants to prove his account then he should name them - (after consulting with his publishers legal team etc etc ) He is publishing his story, so he is a legitimate target of scrutiny and rightly challenged by Alex on that.

I do find his positivity and tips for living useful. but with a grain of salt because he is selling a book !
A NDE with a tidy 10 lessons to take from it. Maybe the higher power likes to do things in 10s? or maybe its popular with writing partners.

Lets call it the Jeremy Corbell Effect!! as in.: Yes, while I enjoyed him enough to listen to him on two interviews (Grimerica first, then Skeptiko), for the record he did register a 3 out of 10 on the Corbell-o-meter. Like I'd totally listen if he came back on Skeptiko. but a 3 out of 10 puts him on the radar.
Whereas if he came out with the names it would probably drop down to a 1 or a 0.

What if it turns out we live in a simulation where all the various lines of understanding are simultaneously actual? Like the Earth is actually Round in a universe teaming with galaxies for one person While it’s simultaneously also actually a flat plane within a magnetoShpere for another person. Or, where all opposing religions are simultaneously true.
As our understanding of the vastness of infinite possibility grows, this becomes a less and less difficult concept to overlay upon our reality.

That's the Idealism point I've been pondering too in recent months. It's disquieting for me, as I always tried to follow the data wherever it leads. But if belief might be even more important, then we're in topsy turvy waters indeed!

Just before falling asleep last night (lights out, laying down thinking) I had tiny flash in my mind like a single blink of a star that seemed to communicate a vast amount of spiritual/higher information within that blink of a moment. I sat and fought to try to define, imagine, contain, reconnect, etc but there was nothing I could do to reconnect or to bring it into my mind.. It was like I the only thing i was able to retain was the an understanding of the magnitude of it juxtaposed against my perception of it as brief and tiny. It was like if up in the sky one of the stars was a pin-pricked hole in the veil and i was able to so-briefly see through from that far a distance. Totally rings for me the same type of vibe as what you wrote here.

Beautiful!
Have you ever tried to lucid dream before? Or even astral travel?

In the last 5 days I've tried the techniques advocated by the Astral Doorways YouTube channel:
- Check to see if one is dreaming at least 10x a day (I hold my nose and try to breath and sometimes I jump in the air)

- Focus on being present in the moment

- Before sleep, say an affirmation that one really wants to have an astral projection experience

- Have the alarm set for during the night (around 3am)

- Wake up partially and then go back into the dream you might have been having using imagination and willpower

- Once you start lucid dreaming, jump up as if your body is a rocket, shooting up and up, through the atmosphere into outer space. During this process you might feel your body start to shake, vibrating, lights appearing and energy coursing through your body. You might then arrive in a different dimension in the extended consciousness realm.

- If you don't automatically get transported to a higher dimension, you can imagine your body rocketing up through outer space, then imagine seeing a portal of light in front of you and entering it...

PS:
After waking up, you can write down what you experienced.

In the 5 days since I started using the techniques:
Night 1: normal dream but I remembered it
Night 2: lucid dream and then went through a portal to an energetic realm of healing. It felt like being in the whitewash of a river of energy that was purifying me. Afterwards I felt like a part of a vast ocean of energy. One of the most beautiful experiences of my life.
Night 3: no recollection of any dreams
Night 4: lucid dream and then a similar experience to night 2
Night 5 (last night): a couple of lucid dreams. One at 3:30am when I'd set my alarm and another at about 8am. Both times I went like a rocket up, through a portal, and into a realm of healing. Felt like I was part of a celestial ocean of energy and bliss :)

PPS Before I began these techniques five days ago, I remember having lucid dreams in my life maybe a dozen times. But usually the dreams weren't so pleasant. But having done a lot of energy releases and rewriting of memories in the last months, and having avoided seeing the news and geopolitical commentary in the last week or so, my mind has been purified enough that my lucid dreams are peaceful and pleasant. My unconscious mind seems to be creating a dream world that is filled with awe-inspiring landscapes and fun activities. Then my conscious mind can radically control aspects within this realm: e.g. last night I imagined the planet Saturn was enormous within the sky. A few nights before I went skydiving from massive cliffs higher than anything on the physical Earth, in a landscape similar to the Krabi coast in Thailand: massive promontories of rock rising vertically up from the jungle, sea and islands below :)

If he wants to prove his account then he should name them - (after consulting with his publishers legal team etc etc )

Do you see any problem with naming these folks Chris? I was kind of shooting from the hip. I'm sure there's a way you could do it that could cause legal problems, but isn't there also a way you could do it without causing such problems?

Maybe the higher power likes to do things in 10s?

haha... nice.

PS:
After waking up, you can write down what you experienced.

In the 5 days since I started using the techniques:
Night 1: normal dream but I remembered it
Night 2: lucid dream and then went through a portal to an energetic realm of healing. It felt like being in the whitewash of a river of energy that was purifying me. Afterwards I felt like a part of a vast ocean of energy. One of the most beautiful experiences of my life.
Night 3: no recollection of any dreams
Night 4: lucid dream and then a similar experience to night 2
Night 5 (last night): a couple of lucid dreams. One at 3:30am when I'd set my alarm and another at about 8am. Both times I went like a rocket up, through a portal, and into a realm of healing. Felt like I was part of a celestial ocean of energy and bliss :)

wow... those are amazing results! talk about finding the right teacher at the right time!!!

wow... those are amazing results! talk about finding the right teacher at the right time!!!

Absolutely! :)
What do you think about having the Astral Doorways fellow, Jean, on the show?
He has some fascinating insights and meta-analysis about consciousness. I'll post a couple of his charts on mapping the extended consciousness realms below:

Back