Yvonne Kason, NDE Awakening |592|

Alex

Administrator
Yvonne Kason, NDE Awakening |592|
by Alex Tsakiris | Apr 25 | Near-Death Experience
Tweet
Dr. Yvonne Kason… spiritual transformative experience… near-death experience science… medical science confirms.
skeptiko-592-Yvonne-Kason-1-300x300.jpg

It’s definitely interesting to note some similarities in terms of effect (and the stark contrasts) between NDE’s and close contact/abductee scenarios. Healings can and occur in both instances but abductions sometimes cause physical harm. I’ve yet to encounter an NDE which caused the experiencer physical harm. Psychological harm being another story. Which can and does occur in both instances, as do psychological benefits.

Paranormal after effects can and do happen with both. It seems like apparent contact with the deceased can occur with both as well, but is more common with NDEs, at least as far as I can tell. Some ET’s, particularly “The Nords” talk about the importance of love. Obviously this is a common motif with NDE’s. I could go on to draw many more parallels.

Interesting that she talked about her knowledge of previous lives. Who knows what to make about reincarnation. Many people I respect in these fields seem to think that are multi-dimensional in terms of our personality. This isn’t hard to believe and could very well be true. So it could be that a part of our personality (perhaps a fraction of our higher self) reincarnates back on Earth) while our “local familiar personality) goes elsewhere to some astral plane or higher realm or something. Who knows. I do know that I don’t want to come back here. “Earthly growth and experience” can piss off.

haha. then again, there could be a " that's what they all say" element to this... like you get over to the other side and go "well, it wasn't that bad... I guess I ought to reenlist" [[cb]]
Excellent interview! Thanx for the grant money that went to Mark Ireland. It's easy to talk support for healing endeavors; putting your money into them is another matter.

It’s definitely interesting to note some similarities in terms of effect (and the stark contrasts) between NDE’s and close contact/abductee scenarios. Healings can and occur in both instances but abductions sometimes cause physical harm. I’ve yet to encounter an NDE which caused the experiencer physical harm. Psychological harm being another story. Which can and does occur in both instances, as do psychological benefits.

Paranormal after effects can and do happen with both. It seems like apparent contact with the deceased can occur with both as well, but is more common with NDEs, at least as far as I can tell. Some ET’s, particularly “The Nords” talk about the importance of love. Obviously this is a common motif with NDE’s. I could go on to draw many more parallels.

Interesting that she talked about her knowledge of previous lives. Who knows what to make about reincarnation. Many people I respect in these fields seem to think that are multi-dimensional in terms of our personality. This isn’t hard to believe and could very well be true. So it could be that a part of our personality (perhaps a fraction of our higher self) reincarnates back on Earth) while our “local familiar personality) goes elsewhere to some astral plane or higher realm or something. Who knows. I do know that I don’t want to come back here. “Earthly growth and experience” can piss off.
I can certainly understand your reluctance re: rebirth. James G. Matlock, an anthropologist, has done a lot research into rebirth, supports the idea of "spirit possession" as one way to understand it. The documented cases of "reincarnation" can also be some kind of spirit switch-out, like the old stuff about "walk-ins" which is a book about the phenomena of advanced spirits that took over for another spirit who was overwhelmed by its current demands in life. You might find it helpful to look into Bob Schwarz's stuff on life plans. I found his idea that life is about experiences that we need to have in order to have contrast in our existence. Look at it this way: since we all come from a place of infinite Love, how are we capable of knowing the wonders of our existence unless we experience separation? To me, this is a profound way of knowing why some ppl come back for an Earthly existence.

Alex, let me thank for an astoundingly great interview of a mystical MD. There's not enough of them. First off, I want to point to the underpinning of some of the language of duality that I have come across. The idea of a Veil or some sort of border than keeps us out of touch w/ deceased ppl or spirits of other kinds is bunk promoted by dualistic thinkers. This kind of separation serves their purposes. Christopher Noel discusses this & dark matter in his amazing explanation of a number of common features of ppl who can manipulate dark matter, i.e., consciousness. For instance, he gives a possible explanation for the often recorded "cold spots" associated w/ spirits & their presence. As a deceased person makes their presence known, they have to increase the amount the amount of dark matter, which causes a drop in temperature & lower pressure as physical matter is pushed farther apart.
This manipulation of dark matter, which has been calculated to be 70% of the universe's composition, is also evident in the propulsion systems of certain UAPs photographed & analyzed by Ray Stanford. His remarkable photos show a torus of energy that is generated by UAPs. He doesn't go into the mechanics of how ETs use plasma to move about, but he does comment that plasma formation causes a low pressure area that their spacecrafts are drawn into, allowing friction-less ways of moving about in the Earth's atmosphere.
I read many years ago that some researchers had come to understand that UAPs moved about due to large electrodes mounted on a freely spinning exterior portion of their ships. The electrodes ionized the atmosphere, which was pulled away, leaving a low pressure area for the spacecraft to move into. The faster the electrodes were rotated at the craft's circumference, the faster the spaceship was pulled into the low pressure or vacuum spaces.
One last indisputably amazing person is Chris Bledsoe. He's a father of 4 (like you, Alex) that is a devoutly religious man. Yet, out of nowhere, he & his family were treated to orbs of light that drifted about his house & also came inside his home, along w/ shadowy figures. The phenomena became so common around his home that his children were bullied at school about it. Then, when he seemed to have reached his limit of suffering, a "lady" appeared to complicate things further, but relieve some pain as well. He had a remission of his Crohn's disease, only to have rheumatoid arthritis flare up. So, my take of Chris's situation was one of this is what happens to the devoutly religious person? Sign me up, not!!
Actually, I believe he's a shaman, just like Whitley Strieber & Ted Owens. How that might help him, I don't know.

wow... thx Kim... much to dive into [[p]]

The idea of a Veil or some sort of border than keeps us out of touch w/ deceased ppl or spirits of other kinds is bunk promoted by dualistic thinkers.

nice! I think you're pointing to something really important here... ie we got to be really careful when we accept some of these ideas like " the veil ." I had never really thought about it until you pointed it out. I think you're absolutely right... if anything we have just as much evidence that the veil is paper thin [[p]]

Christopher Noel discusses this & dark matter in his amazing explanation of a number of common features of ppl who can manipulate dark matter, i.e., consciousness.

I will definitely give a listen... I'm pretty skeptical going in as it sounds a little bit like back door materialism. hey, inquiry to perpetuate doubt [[cb]]

is also evident in the propulsion systems of certain UAPs

Again, thanks for the link. as I'm sure you know there are tons of theories about the propulsion systems of ufos/uaps

So, my take of Chris's situation was one of this is what happens to the devoutly religious person? Sign me up, not!!

have you listened to his Ryan Bledsoe's pod?
17: The Chris Bledsoe Regression: Part 2 Bledsoe Said So

Reactions: Kim
It’s definitely interesting to note some similarities in terms of effect (and the stark contrasts) between NDE’s and close contact/abductee scenarios

Have you ever come across Psychologist Ken Ring's book, The Omega Project?

He examines the reported aftereffects from UFO/contact type phenomena in terms of how the individual experiencers report their state of consciousness and state of awareness being affected and changing in the years following their experiences. Using specific questionaires to evaluate the psychological state and history of anomalous activity of participants/experiencers, Ring was able to compare these details across 4 different categories or demographics of experiencers - Near-death experiencers, UFO/contact type experiencers, and individuals who reported energetic/kundalini awakening experiences, and a control-group. He found remarkable similarties within his analysis of the data to suggest there is an underlying universal theme or similarity behind how individuals are reporting their state of consciousness and state of awareness changing (transforming) in the years after their particular experiences, and significantly influenced by having had those phenomenal/anomalous experiences.

I'll share some excerpts from the text:

"More evidence along these lines is provided by our experiential respondents’ statements concerning neurological changes they believe took place following their encounters. Almost one half of them, for example, claim that their nervous system now functions differently than it did before, and not quite a third of them also assert that their brains are “structurally different” than before."

"Continuing our overview of the pattern of psychophysical changes, however, we next see that experientials are also more likely than controls to indicate that their energetic and emotional levels have shifted. Many of them, for instance, say that they are now aware of something like currents of energy flowing through their bodies, that they need less sleep for optimal functioning, and that their emotionality and mood fluctuations have increased."

"Finally, there is a clear tendency for experiential respondents to describe that they have undergone a kind of mind expansion. More than half of them, for example, say that they are now flooded with more information than they can absorb. However, they also claim to be able to process new information better than before and are as well now sensitive to information from “other dimensions.” Perhaps correlated with this is the fact that well over half of them report that their psychic abilities increased after their encounters."

"In summary, our findings from the [survey] reveal that our experiential respondents reliably describe a wide spectrum of psychophysical changes following their encounters. These include increases in a variety of physical sensitivities, suggestions of mutually consistent differences in physiological functioning, alterations of neurological and brain states, as well as a miscellany of unusual psychoenergetic, psychological, and paranormal experiences. As a totality, these changes in the aftermath of extraordinary encounters seem indicative of a more subtle level of psychophysical functioning and expanded states of mental awareness"

"We have seen that the extraordinary encounters visited upon our respondents left a deep psychophysical imprint on many of them. But in continuing to trace the further effects of extraordinary encounters in this chapter, we shall shortly come to appreciate that such experiences tend to initiate some profound alterations in one’s personal values and belief system as well. In many instances, these changes are tantamount to an entirely new worldview (or, perhaps better said, view of the cosmos) and appear to lead to a distinctive pattern of behavior that serves to express and communicate to others the essential insights that such sojourns have seemingly implanted in these travelers to unearthly realms" ~ The Omega Project (Kenneth Ring PhD)

Last edited:
near-death experience science

Hey Alex, I was the listener who emailed you awhile back inquiring about a Dr. Peter Fenwick interview.

Along those lines and if you don't mind - when was the last time Skeptiko interviewed Dr. Pim van Lommel? Any possibility he could be on the radar to return to the show to discuss his existential views on non-local, endless conscioussness - and talk about his 2nd place winning submission to the Bigelow Institute of Consciousness Studies contest? His 40 page essay was excellent and is linked here (direct PDF download) for anyone who hasn't read it and would like to. Towards the end of the paper he highlights a varying/wider range of phenomenal experiences that he suggests are rooted in non-local consciousness (shared-death experiences, peri-mortal/mortem experiences, shared after-death communication, etc). Could make for interesting listening to hear Pim speak on these types of lesser known but no less phenomenal experiences (that don't get covered in typical NDE-themed interviews), and on how they can best be interpreted within the existential framework outlined in his book and essay.

My favorite Thanatology/NDE researchers (Ring, van Lommel, Fenwick) are all really getting up there in physical age and part of me doesn't want to see the point come where we'll no longer hear from them again publicly (either due to their age or passing on), the other part of me accepts the circumstances for what they are.

Last edited:
wow... thx Kim... much to dive into [[p]]

nice! I think you're pointing to something really important here... ie we got to be really careful when we accept some of these ideas like " the veil ." I had never really thought about it until you pointed it out. I think you're absolutely right... if anything we have just as much evidence that the veil is paper thin [[p]]

I will definitely give a listen... I'm pretty skeptical going in as it sounds a little bit like back door materialism. hey, inquiry to perpetuate doubt [[cb]]

Again, thanks for the link. as I'm sure you know there are tons of theories about the propulsion systems of ufos/uaps

have you listened to his Ryan Bledsoe's pod?
17: The Chris Bledsoe Regression: Part 2 Bledsoe Said So
Thanks for the feedback about some of the most astounding stuff I've run across in a long time. I will track down Ryan Bledsoe's podcast & give a listen.

Thanks for the feedback about some of the most astounding stuff I've run across in a long time. I will track down Ryan Bledsoe's podcast & give a listen.
Alex, I stumbled onto a Sevan podcast (@sevanrinsta) who interviewed Chris Bledsoe for almost 2 hours. Chris's story & anecdotes stayed very consistent w/ the New Thinking Allowed one. He's been at this ufo/angel interaction for 16 years & says the interactions are increasing. He also says he will be on the History Channel this summer w/ most of his family to tell of the angels (orbs of light) & other experiences that they have had. Chris says there are extensive video recordings on Instagram of the orbs & other phenomena.
I was quick to call him a shaman, but think that's maybe too narrow of a title for Chris. I highly recommend the Sevan podcast. Also, you might want to go to his website (www.ufoofgod.com) & see if he'd be on Skeptiko.

Dr Kason seems like a good person who truly wants to do good in the world. I'm always taken aback in podcasts when a guest responds to a question with an ongoing monologue. Her initial response seemed to take up a significant part of the show. I never know how to take this as I suppose I assume that a podcast is a conversation between two people. I've heard this on other podcasts as well and it seems somewhat egocentric or self-involved. I don't mean to be harsh this has just always rubbed me up the wrong way. Politicians always do this to eat up question time. I never considered until listening to this podcast what it truly means to question everything. Dr Kason seems convinced that her experiences confirm that there is a benevolent and loving God that conforms to yogic philosophy. How do we know that these people aren't being sent back with this experience to make us believe it is all sunshine and rainbows in the beyond. Maybe it is the highest level of psyop from a higher being or something else. Maybe life after death is just terrifying.

M. D. doctors often have a "I'm a gift to all humanity" complex. In Texas, where I grew up, medical professionals were treated like they were one step down from the Almighty. I was often appalled to read about the sometimes lengthy list of malpractice, sexual misconduct, & other violations doctors had who continued, nevertheless, to practice medicine.
Now, add to that she's written several books, had, what? 3 NDEs & numerous spiritually transformative & psychic experiences. It would take a quite superior person to not be a little convinced that they had a handle on the truth.
Alex dealt w/ her pretty roughly at times IMO, but she amazingly didn't get huffy or get her back up even once. That kind of calm self-assurance is pretty rare. Kason should be reminded, however, that having all the answers is bad mojo. I recently stumbled onto Chris Bledsoe, a man whose had frequent contact w/ orbs of light, shadowy entities, & even a female spirit that has appears at Easter for many years. Yet, after 16 years of these experiences, thousands of photographic & video-recorded sessions, & who knows how many miracles, he still says he has no explanation for them & he's leery of anyone who says he/she does.
One of Alex's past guests is Jason Reza Jorjani, a brilliant philosopher that I greatly admire. He says there's no loving supreme being, if I understand him correctly; that gave me pause. What impresses me that there is a compassionate Ultimate Awareness is the fact that goodness & love does exist & there are literally thousands upon thousands of ppl that have been wounded grievously, terribly & begged for help or an end to their suffering & they got the help they needed. Not everyone gets miraculous intervention. Why? I have no idea, but that's one of those questions humankind will probably never learn but it keeps us humble & awe-inspired w/ the unfathomable mystery of it all.

is also evident in the propulsion systems of certain UAPs photographed & analyzed by Ray Stanford. His remarkable photos show a torus of energy that is generated by UAPs. He doesn't go into the mechanics of how ETs use plasma to move about, but he does comment that plasma formation causes a low pressure area that their spacecrafts are drawn into, allowing friction-less ways of moving about in the Earth's atmosphere.

thx for this. gotta wonder if jeffery got duped by ray:
https://the-truth-uncensored.blogspot.com/2009/11/ray-stanford-is-researcher-of-things.html

haha. then again, there could be a " that's what they all say" element to this... like you get over to the other side and go "well, it wasn't that bad... I guess I ought to reenlist" [[cb]]
I wonder if it's reasonable to call out a distinction between coming back after an NDE as opposed to reincarnating.
Regarding NDE return-to-life, I think that what comes off as not so big a deal (Coming back here)comes across as such because of the contrast with passing up such a significant unique opportunity to "pitch in". At least that's what I hear the accounts saying.
However I don't at all assume people who reincarnate are doing so begrudgingly.
To me, accounts of reincarnation sound like "enrolling" for experience and participation, whereas the NDE accounts sound like the return is service based (i.e. returning to the front lines).

Who knows what to make about reincarnation. Many people I respect in these fields seem to think that are multi-dimensional in terms of our personality. This isn’t hard to believe and could very well be true. So it could be that a part of our personality (perhaps a fraction of our higher self) reincarnates back on Earth) while our “local familiar personality) goes elsewhere to some astral plane or higher realm or something. Who knows.
Just to plan contrarian, i could argue that in the higher realm you might be able to get a near equivalent to experiential knowledge from simply "viewing" a replay of someone else's experience, like a download. I generally assume this is what's happening when people report past lives.

I do know that I don’t want to come back here. “Earthly growth and experience” can piss off.
Thanks for sticking around so other people like you (and myself) don't get lonely.

I will take a gander at that link, but I've read some similar speculations about how UAPs move about. I read this maybe 20 years ago, but one author theorized that the reported bright disks spaced on the perimeters of some crafts were electrodes. These electrodes ionized the atmosphere as they rotated & pulled the plasma they formed away to create a vacuum that the ship could slip into. I don't remember any details about how the direction of the ship was controlled, but I thought it was a fascinating idea that instead of pushing a space craft through the earth's atmosphere, it was simply transformed & moved away, allowing the UAP to glide silently about. I have also seen some photos of UAPs that leave a "vapor trail" of a sort & Chris Bledsoe has photographed a disc that trailed a fan-shaped tail as it cruised along.
The torus or dough nut shape of Stanford's UAPs' energy fields made me think of our heart's energy field, which is also a large torus. Do some UAPs mimic the electromagnetic fields of living things to shield them &/or provide propulsion?
Forgive me for jumping about, but there was an Ancient Aliens' program about the recurring theme of spheres or orbs that surround numerous depictions of exalted beings like Buddha, Hindu gods, & of course, aliens. The program showed sharper focused videos of the "tic-tac" UAP that was filmed by Navy jet fighters. The tic-tac had a distinct sphere that surrounded it that other videos on the news didn't reveal. This of course leads to a leap to the thousands of orbs filmed by Bledsoe over 16 years which he said sometimes held animals, human forms, & blazing fire. Bledsoe's NDE had him in an invisible orb that allowed him to see the Earth below him when he looked down at his feet & showed the brilliant stars above & all about him.

I wonder if it's reasonable to call out a distinction between coming back after an NDE as opposed to reincarnating.
Regarding NDE return-to-life, I think that what comes off as not so big a deal (Coming back here)comes across as such because of the contrast with passing up such a significant unique opportunity to "pitch in". At least that's what I hear the accounts saying.
However I don't at all assume people who reincarnate are doing so begrudgingly.
To me, accounts of reincarnation sound like "enrolling" for experience and participation, whereas the NDE accounts sound like the return is service based (i.e. returning to the front lines).
It's a common theme of the life's purpose writers & mystics that we have a council of spirits that we meet w/ & a "contract" is created that outlines what we intend to experience & do each incarnation. For instance, there are targeted virtues, of which there are 30, that a soul comes to hone; most souls choose 6, but there can be more. These details are Rob Schwarz's from one of his Utube videos.
What I like about Rob's conjectures is that he says we have a lot of leeway how closely we stick to our "contract." He said that Hitler was supposed to be a great spiritual leader, but we all know how well he did w/ that. He also made a puzzling comment that "did we really ever learn anything?" In my case, I was told by an "Aura Balancing" group that my slave tattoo was evidence of two lifetimes as a slave in America & Egypt. I had particular difficulty w/ selfless service. Even now, I have a tendency to be selfish & wonder what's in it for me, even though I know generosity is a virtue.
What I found about Rob's angle to be especially enlightening came out of his experience of being flooded w/ the reality that he & everything existed as pure, everlasting Love. As spirits existing in pure love, he came to understand that we needed to have contrast to fully appreciate this reality of our existence, so ppl incarnate to fully grasp their nature. We come here to experience all kinds of terrifyingly horrible & beautiful things so our essential Selves stand in undeniable clarity. As William Blake put it, "we are here to learn to bear the beams of Love."

Just to plan contrarian, i could argue that in the higher realm you might be able to get a near equivalent to experiential knowledge from simply "viewing" a replay of someone else's experience, like a download. I generally assume this is what's happening when people report past lives.

Thanks for sticking around so other people like you (and myself) don't get lonely.
Wormwood seems to be saying that he's got the feeling we don't really commit everything to Earthly existence, if I understand it correctly. This is why I strongly support the idea of a soul, which remains in lofty realms, but can take a fleshy body existence if it so wishes. I liken it to sticking a finger into jello & when the time to have a dense body is over, the finger is retracted. This crude analogy comes from the many accounts that I've read of the "silver cord" that mystics report. As a person dies, his/her etheric body & the others exit the fleshy one until the time comes for the cord to be broken. The soul, which journeys through astral, emotional, mental, & spiritual levels to the Divine, is then "reunited."
Rob Schwartz said in a Utube interview that Earthly existence puts a very distinct, recognizable "energy signature" on one's soul. The souls that have this are particularly admired & respected in the spiritual realms. The interviewer, Emmy Vadnas, said, "Yeah, us!" in response to this idea from Rob. Yet, I can see the futility of impressing other souls, if this conjecture is true. Why would any soul want to earn a "badge of honor" if you had to go through an incarnation as a child who is raped repeatedly after being sold by her mother into a satanic cult?

Back